My spiritual goal...reaching out

by 2tone 11 Replies latest jw friends

• 2tone
    2tone

I'm so tired of hearing people setting goals for themselves. I know people who are in there early twenties with the goal of being a C.O. Who does that? Seriously. Do people just wake up one day and say "I think ill become a C.O" Well i know some girls that want to marry a C.O. or wont date anything less than a ministerial servants. WTF... My favorite is there is a girl that would use a bethel application to rate the guys she dated. If they were not qualified to get into bethel. They were certainly not qualified to date her lol...

Anyways, ive decided on my spiritual goal for reaching out.

I say screw it, anytime anybody asks me what im goin to strive to become. I want to be the president of the watchtower or whoever controls the finances. Ill be the first chief financial officer. Why not? It could happen, as long as i pray about it

• still thinking
    still thinking

Why stop there? Just tell them you can see how much money the watchtower makes and want to start your own religion to be just like them. I reakon they would be impressed if you already had some pamphlets printed and handed them out after the meetings.

• sizemik
    sizemik

Why not set up your own Literature Counter and use only sisters?

• RADHESYAM
    RADHESYAM

" Why not set up your own Literature Counter and use only sisters?"

OKay now it's starting to sound like "Children of God" (The Family International)

• man in black
    man in black

a girl that would use a bethel application to rate the guys she dated

My goodness,,,that is really a messed up girl.

• Mr. Falcon
    Mr. Falcon

...set up a literature counter and use only sisters.

And make them serve wings, too.

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

My favorite is there is a girl that would use a bethel application to rate the guys she dated. If they were not qualified to get into bethel. They were certainly not qualified to date her

She's probably not very attractive because any girl who has a shot at being asked out on a date is not that picky - there just aren't enough single guys to go around. If the guy goes to meetings and his hair isn't too long, he's good enough for a whirl and she can mold him after the fact into the MS or elder of her dreams.

Good luck on your goal 2tone!!

• Heartofaboy
    Heartofaboy

When I was in my 'prime' many years ago there was an assembly where young sisters were told if they were interested in a young man they should ask him what his spiritual goals were, what his field service hours were, was he reaching out, was he a MS, was he a pioneer or working toward pioneering.........

Some of the brainwashed girls I knew tried this...........The consensus between me & my mates was, 'if you don't like me for who I am then get lost & try to find Mr perfect JW elsewhere...........if you can'.

• Mr. Falcon
    Mr. Falcon

Heartofaboy & poopsie - I've heard of JW ladies doing this, but the ones I knew were simply using this as a sort of "cover". The second they were out of mommy & elder daddy's sight they were in the backseat of a car with ANY JW boy they could find doing things that shan't be mentioned by a pristine gentlemen such as myself.

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

So true, Mr. Falcon. I was one of them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit