Is it me or do the JW's act like the Circuit Overseer is Jesus himself?

by stillstuckcruz 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

in my congo you can't find parking on that week.

we get even people from other congo's and family of publishers (witlesses that don't belong to ours)

a 40-60 attendance becomes close to 140 that day!

idolators!

• Mad Dawg
    Mad Dawg

I get it that the elders are sucking up to their boss. Does the congo do it to suck up to the elders by proxy?

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

My MIL (who was a 1st generation witness with an unbelieving husband) signed up to have the CO and his wife over for dinner. She thought this was one of the greatest honors a person could possibly have. She planned it for weeks - went all out with a 8 courses, top of the line food, no expense spared meal. She bought new dining room pictures, had the house professionally cleaned including carpets and drapes. It came time to serve dessert and the CO said he had made it very clear that dessert was not to be included in their lunch time meals. They thanked her and left. She was absolutely devastated - she felt she had failed the CO, the cong, the elders and Jehovah and Jesus. I felt so sorry for her that this stupid meal meant so much to her and for years so spoke of it like she had committed some form of apostacy at that meal. It was quite sad.

• Pistoff
    Pistoff
    It came time to serve dessert and the CO said he had made it very clear that dessert was not to be included in their lunch time meals. They thanked her and left.

Now that sounds like a CO; can't just say no thank you, he has to make it an obedience issue, embarass the sister and leave like a self righteous twit.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit