Lead Codices Now Called Fake

by Quendi 16 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Quendi
    Quendi

Well, that huge sigh of relief we're hearing is from Brooklyn. Evidence is mounting that the lead codices found earlier this year which depicted Jesus being executed on a cross are fakes. So Jehovah's Witnesses can still maintain their assertion that Christ was executed on a stake and not a cross for now. Details can be found here.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/livescience/20110411/sc_livescience/exclusiveearlychristianleadcodicesnowcalledfakes

Quendi

• sir82
    sir82

That's disappointing...but unfortunately, not really surprising.

• Mr. Falcon
    Mr. Falcon

hahaha, oh well. My JW wife will be happy, at least.

• designs
    designs

I was hoping and waiting for WalMart to start selling copies at $6.99

• maninthemiddle
    maninthemiddle

I was afraid that. Too bad.

• Morbidzbaby
    Morbidzbaby

Dang it... Oh well, the JW's can keep their delusions...for now...

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Among the poorer fakes to come out of the Holy Land in recent years.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

So they aren't really made of lead?

• stillstuckcruz
    stillstuckcruz

I was very disappointed. I was all ready to shove the yahoo article in my parents face. o well.....I truly wonder what would have happened if they turned out to be authentic...

• lil princess
    lil princess

yeah, you would have your eyes blown through the back of your ass if you examined the quality of fake artifacts. forgers have gotten GOOOD. i had a feeling product was fake when i saw the lead seals. makes you wonder what has been found and not deciphered.

off subject... i heard a joke, a conversation between apostle john and a book publisher about revelations. and the publisher is saying something to the effect of... why would you keep memos of your nightmares, thats just sick. you should erase these before somone thinks this is real.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit