Memorial Attendance

by DagothUr 11 Replies latest jw friends

• Quendi
    Quendi

My witness friend in California, who is also a ministerial servant, has told me there is serious talk about making the 30-hour requirement for auxiliary pioneers permanent. Many took advantage of the lower hour requirement to enroll and from what he says most were able to make their time. Perhaps the GB will opt for a 40-hour requirement as that is halfway between 30 and 50 and might still be something feasible. After all, we're only talking about doing 90 minutes a day in a typical month to surpass 40 hours.

I think another factor that my nudge the hour requirement lower is the high cost of fuel. True, in many countries pioneers get around either on foot or bicycle so fuel costs are no issue. But if the GB wants more Witnesses in developed countries to enroll, they have to take the cost of fuel into account. Yes, that price can and does oscillate wildly as we have seen in the past, but I wouldn't be surprised to learn that high fuel prices will be considered in any decision to adjust the required hours for both pioneers and auxiliary pioneers.

As for Memorial attendance, I expect an increase even if it is only a slight one. The number will probably top 19 million this year. The real question will be how many of them are only annual meeting attenders and are not interested in either returning to the WTS if they are inactive, df'd, etc, or just curious.

Quendi

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

My sources in the eastern USA say that 2010 was down quite a bit but this year was back up. It could be a local thing. It could also be due to the day of the week. It is easy to go to a religious event on a Sunday compared to, say, a Tuesday or a Friday.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit