I cooked some hamburger last night & saw blood

by InterestedOne 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• InterestedOne
    InterestedOne

How do JW's deal with the fact that if you fry up a hamburger, there's some blood in it? Do they eat it anyway?

• Satanus
    Satanus

They need to shoot it, again. It's not quite dead, yet. Seriously though, the word was that if it had been properly bled, you didn't need to worry, anymore.

S

• DagothUr
    DagothUr

According to some quotes from the WT, it does not matter if there is still some blood in the meat if the animal was bled to death. However if a JW sees a large drop of blood on the meat, he should wash it off.

• InterestedOne
    InterestedOne

I see. So the idea is to get most of the blood out. It's more about the intent. This would be contrasted with deliberately using the blood for consumption in some way, or not washing a large drop of blood off.

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

Red watery stuff oozing out of cooking meat aint blood, ...i saw it on a tv program and think they said it was lactic acid. (iirc) if not then it's some other mucle protein...

• InterestedOne
    InterestedOne

Oh. Interesting. I didn't know that. I just assumed the red liquid in a package of ground beef was blood.

• aSphereisnotaCircle
    aSphereisnotaCircle

There is blood in every piece of meat, along with other fluids.

JWs are suppose to die before receiving a life saving transfusion, but eating blood in meat, morning noon and night is A-OK!

• free2beme
    free2beme

Meat in general has a small amount of blood in it. You can not avoid it 100%

• man in black
    man in black

the stores also sometimes spray a type of red food coloring on the meat to make it look better.

• charlie brown jr.
    charlie brown jr.

Blood turns to a thick Blackish goop.... not the red juice in a meat.

I have cut up a Roast and found blood still in a Vein and like I said it's very Dark almost Black..it is easily removed with a knife.

I don't examine for blood for Biblical reasons and don't freak out if I find it....

I try to remove veins if I can cause they are to chewy.... I like the meat tender!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit