62 tornadoes hit N.C. yesterday leaving 22 dead,lots of injuries and major damage. Has anyone heard from Oompa and other posters near hard hit areas?

by StoneWall 19 Replies latest jw friends

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

I just had so much rain that my back yard was a pond with ducks

• wasblind
    wasblind

Hey Syl,

thank you for your concern, spent time with family today

All we had was rain with some hail, the rain was surely

needed to wash away the pollen

• Robert7
    Robert7

I also live in Raleigh. Luckily my part of town just got winds and rain, but no major damage. Saw the news and some parts got destroyed!

On that note, is there anyone else besides Oompa that lives near Raleigh? Always love to meet other former JWs in the area.

• Robdar
    Robdar

Night tornadoes are the deadliest. I hope all our friends are okay.

• StoneWall
    StoneWall

Oompa glad to hear you were not in the path of the worst of it then.

Robert7 you were one of the others I was thinking about. Good to hear you're alright as well.

I'm still getting pm's on Facebook from others that don't post on here and it seems that most of them made it through without too much damage or hardships.

Oh and by the way Robert7, I don't know if you still have the PM's from a long while back where we talked and you asked what part of NC I was in, but my offer still stands for both you and Oompa and any others you want to bring. It's coming up on summer and we will be going to the lake boating,camping and grilling out etc.. If you get some vacation time and want to head over this way you have an open invitation. We have a blast and usually have anywhere from 10-20 peeps show up.

If you don't remember what part I'm in, just send me a PM. Don't want to post the exact details here in case any of the snitches from my last congregation may be lurking trying to figure me out. I always leave enough plausible deniability to turn their "theocratic warfare" right back at them.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Stonewall, you have a pm.

• StoneWall
    StoneWall

jamie I got your pm and sent you one back.. :)

• WhereWasI
    WhereWasI

I saw a video once where she was being interviewed. Her Avatar and posts here are great but doesn't convey her personality fully. I would link it if I could.

• undercover
    undercover

All's well in Western NC. The storms didn't do much in my area. They got really bad in the central and eastern part of the state.

• 3Mozzies
    3Mozzies

Hundreds of killer tornadoes have struck the US, leaving 45 people dead and a countless number of houses destroyed.

Experts have predicted the weekend may have set a new record for the number of tornadoes in a three-day period.

North Carolina was the worst-hit state, with 62 twisters ripping through the region on Saturday night, leaving 23 people dead.

The storm system began in Oklahoma on Thursday evening before it strengthened and expanded through the southern states, including Arkansas, Mississippi, Alabama and North Carolina.

Shocking!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit