Apstates and the WT magazine...part two

by Aussie Oz 16 Replies latest watchtower bible

• steve2
    steve2

rebel8 I agree. Every time a poster says the Watchtower is really taking a strong stand against perceived apostasy, I think of all the old crazily-worded articles penned by previous "Presidents" of the Watchtower Society. If Russell came across as mad as a hatter Father Christmas, Rutherford was evil personified: He learned an important lesson when he demonized anyone who dared question his madness: Verbally attack the individual and by far the majority of his adoring readers simply follow suit. Once you're in power, you get away with the type of inhumane behaviour normal humans would usually denounce as bullying and unkind.

The watchtower ain't cracking down harder on aspostasy - it's simply playing it's decades old game of periodically demonziing in print anyone who questions its authority.

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

Rebel, steve...

i came to the same conclusion as i went through the CD Lib. I also remember the research i posted some time ago on the development of the Disfellowshipping attitude and policy that also went right back to Maria Russells time with CT.

Both disfellowshipping and apostasy have always been a tool of the WTBTS and always have been accompanied by language designed to repulse the faithful. In the 80s the 'demon' was what may arrive in the mail, in 2011 it is the internet.

oz

• streets76
    streets76

Rutherford was evil personified

True. Why would anyone today want to associated in any way with this raving lunatic? Ignorance, I guess.

Next time I see my devout elder brother, I may ask him if he is even aware of "Millions Now Living Will Never Die."

• AZheat
    AZheat

Remember in the late 60's and early 70's the fervor that was generated by the 1975 prediction ?, There was unprecedented increase over the fact that people thought the end was coming. (because that is what they were told) Could we be in store for another 1975, would the wtbs resort to that again to try to hang on to the members that are still drinking the kool-aid, following them like blind sheep ? I think that will be the last ditch effort to hold on to the few members that they will soon have, but it will backfire on them and they will no longer exist, I believe that this will all take place with a year, maybe less...

• Pika_Chu
    Pika_Chu

So remember the warning at 1 Corinthians 10:12: “Let him that thinks he is standing beware that he does not fall.”

REALLY?! This scripture would imply that someone who thinks he has some firm standing idea should look around to make sure he really IS standing on solid ground. You know, by testing things and doing research.

WT 4/15 2009 Satan was the first creature to turn apostate. Modern-day apostates display characteristics similar to those of the Devil. Their mind may be poisoned by a critical attitude toward individuals in the congregations, Christian elders, or the Governing Body. Some apostates oppose the use of the divine name, Jehovah. They are not interested in learning about Jehovah or in serving him. Like their father, Satan, apostates target people of integrity. (John 8:44) No wonder servants of Jehovah avoid all contact with them!—2 John 10, 11.

WT 8/15 2008 14 Like the faithful Levites back in the tenth century B.C.E., God’s loyal ones today are not deceived by apostate ideas. Anointed ones and their Christian associates are quick to avoid and reject apostate ideas. (ReadRomans16:17.) While we gladly submit to governmental authorities in secular matters and remain neutral in worldly conflicts, our loyalty goes to God’s Kingdom. (John 18:36; Rom. 13:1-8) We reject the false claims of those who profess to be serving God and at the same time dishonor him by their conduct.—Titus 1:16.

WT 9/1 2004 Therefore, when confronted with those who voice apostate ideas, we want to do what God’s Word states: “Keep your eye on those who cause divisions and occasions for stumbling contrary to the teaching that you have learned, and avoidthem.” (Romans 16:17; Titus 3:10) Likewise, Christian youths facing the dangers of harmful associates want to apply Paul’s counsel given to young Timothy: “Flee from the desires incidental to youth.” And when confronted with false accusations in the media, we will remember Paul’s further advice to Timothy: “They [those who listen to the voice of strangers] will be turned aside to false stories. You, though, keepyoursenses in all things.” (2 Timothy 2:22; 4:3-5) No matter how smooth the voice of strangers may seem, we flee from all that would subvert our faith.—Psalm 26:5; Proverbs 7:5, 21; Revelation 18:2, 4.

WT 9/1 2000 A waiting attitude also helps us to avoid presumptuousness. Some who have become apostate were unwilling to wait. They may have felt that there was a need for adjustments, either in Bible understanding or in organizational matters. Yet, they failed to acknowledge that Jehovah’s spirit moves the faithful and discreet slave to make adjustments in His due time, not when we may feel that this is needed. And any adjustments must be in harmony with Jehovah’s will, not our personal ideas. Apostates allow a presumptuous attitude to warp their thinking and stumble them. But if they had adopted the mental attitude of Christ, they could have retained their joy and remained among Jehovah’s people.

WT 1/15 1997 ) Regrettably, the tongues of false teachers turned some early Christians away from God. So let us never allow ourselves to be overcome by venomous apostate expressions, whether spoken or written.—1 Timothy 1:18-20; 2 Peter 2:1-3.

And this is really weird. For people who say not to listen to Apostates, they sure as hell know a lot about apostate ideas and how apostates think. I thought only Jehovah could read minds. It really seems like they must read apostate material themselves; else they wouldn't know who to "warn" against. Hypocrites...

• blondie
    blondie

I have noticed that the WTS is very careful not to give much detail about what an apostate idea might be. That is no accident. The WTS does not want their members looking into the publications to verify these ideas....might find out they are right.

I remember Paul saying that some were teaching that the resurrection had already occurred and that the Christians were already reigning as kings. Now that is specific.

• Pika_Chu
    Pika_Chu

I have noticed that the WTS is very careful not to give much detail about what an apostate idea might be. That is no accident. The WTS does not want their members looking into the publications to verify these ideas....might find out they are right.

I remember Paul saying that some were teaching that the resurrection had already occurred and that the Christians were already reigning as kings. Now that is specific.

Yep. Aknowledge and dismiss. They do that with all information from the "world." Skeptics point to bible innacuracies...this is unfounded. Evolutionists believe X, but the Truth found in God's word the Bible says Y. Apostates raise objections to what is printed in the mags...they are evil and full of crap...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit