An Easter message from Ricky Gervais

by ldrnomo 7 Replies latest social humour

• ldrnomo
  • FollowedMyHeart
    FollowedMyHeart

Thanks for the link. It reminded me of his movie, The Invention of Lying. Pretty funny stuff.

• unshackled
    unshackled

Gotta like Ricky Gervais...he was great at the Golden Globes, ripping the celebrities.

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton
    Thanks for the link. It reminded me of his movie, The Invention of Lying. Pretty funny stuff.

The Invention of Lying is one of my all time favourite films.

Ricky Gervais on "Creation" is very funny too.

• Pams girl
    Pams girl

Ricky Gervais makes me proud to be British, no easy feat..x

• cofty
    cofty

He is a comic genius - and a sceptic; win-win

• glenster
    glenster

I can improve on that. As I've said for a long time, the most harm has come
    from people being too 'centric and intolerant over belief OR non-beief, as well
    as race, nationality, political party, income level, sexual orientation, etc.
    As the good Lord and Randy said, "Let he who is otherwise dig themself and not
    throw things."

I like Randy, and think he meant well here, but, to be fair, I note an atheiest
    who's characterizing Christians as foolishly figuring their faith automatically
    makes them good--actually, the general idea is that nobody's perfect, those of
    faith only forgiven of being otherwise, etc.,

and as being foolishly superstitious, believing something known wrong, which
    applies to someone saying the world is 6,000 years old or such but doesn't
    acknowledge the possibility of someone understanding their faith in a possible
    God beyond the known things as such (let alone "How to Think About God" by
    Mortimer Adler, etc.) and keeps up to speed on the known things,

which are ironically kind of 'centric stances made in an appeal for us to not
    be 'centric.

In politics, for example, I like that Jimmy Stewart (conservative) and Henry
    Fonda (liberal) were best friends, able to talk over whatever serious issues and
    come away friends. I like than better than Al and Ann just targeting the "them"s
    for their "us"es to rally 'centric "us"es around themselves. Jon and Bill
    together are more a pleasure for me than whatever clever zingers aimed in the
    'centric way:
    http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/mon-september-27-2010/bill-o-reilly

"I like to scare my kids before bed"--lol!

• glenster
    glenster

Sorry to double post--"Ricky" not "Randy." I could be more up on popular art
    and entertainment. Benjamin Franklin was big when I was a kid. We had the
    parents worried--"the kids today, without the powdered wigs, with the sayings,
    the inventions, the abolitionism--they're out of control, these kids."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit