Got the personal Memorial invite last night.

by wobble 12 Replies latest jw friends

• wobble
    wobble

We were sitting on the patio out the back of the house having acouple of drinks before we went out for a meal, I can't eat on an empty stomach, have to have a drink first !

The doorbell rang, I answered it, and it was a "Sister" I have known all my 61 years of life, with a Mem. invite in her hand, I told her to keep it, we already had one. I couldn't invite her in, my SIL was having a ciggie at the time, and she gets embarrassed if JW's see her smoking,she was raised in the cult, but never dunked.

The Sis. did the usual, chatted for a bit, told me about her family, and then asked us to think about going to the Reject Jesus party, she said several times "We miss you".

I did not have the heart to tell her that if they really missed us, we have been here for the last three years since we stepped inside a KH, they could have called in that three years.

I did not say either that there is no way I would ever consider attending, I did not want to make my postion too plain, the fade is going too well, so she walked off thinking we may, just may, show our faces.

Oh well, she is happy, she counts her time toward her 30 hours, and feels she tried to reach out to us.

One day, when Mum is gone, I will just tell 'em, give 'em both barrells, and enjoy seeing their reaction.

She mentioned that her and her husband are now old, the unspoken bit being she never expected to grow old in this system, they are another couple who will go to their graves with unfulfilled hopes based on the lies the WT taught them. I pity them.

I thanked her sincerely for her kindness in calling, little does she know the effort was totally wasted, as is all work they put in for the WT.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Still haven't gotten one. Either they didn't work my street or they skipped my house. I'm betting on the latter.

• Momma-Tossed-Me
    Momma-Tossed-Me

One of the things I say if they catch me is "Well, I just might suprise you." That usually suffices without them continuing to fish for some sort of commitment.

• Morbidzbaby
    Morbidzbaby

We haven't had any JW's come to this area at all... I mean, there are JW's that live on this street, but they are not in the same congregation that has this territory...so someone's slackin' lmao.

• Coffee House Girl
    Coffee House Girl

Havent gotten an invite, either through my door or personally yet....but the day is still young

I'm going to mom's today to take her to get groceries, I guess I should prepare an answer...I hate giving people like my mom false hopes by saying maybe, other dubs though I like the line Momma said-

CHG

• journey-on
    journey-on
    I pity them.

(wink wink)....I'm so proud of you, Wobble, for exercising one of the fruitages of the spirit....self-control.

• 3Mozzies
    3Mozzies

I was wondering if we were going to get an invite. Well today our dreams came true. We were visited by an elder from our KH. I didn't answer the door but I could see who it was through the window without him seeing me. Well he stood there for a while then walked away, slipping the invite in our letterbox as he walked to his car.

Wow, a special invite to pass wine & crackers around a room for an hour...what a special night that would be.

This will be the first memorial my wife & I are missing since we left, it's almost been a year out, feels great!

3M

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

They only have a day to give me my waste of paper, and it is raining out nicely (and supposed to be nice and windy tomorrow). I hope the weather stops the witlesses from handing out all their wastes of paper--or gets them soaked (and the wastes of paper and suits ruined) trying.

• nugget
    nugget

You are not as bad as the rest of us we weren't considered worthy.

• Morbidzbaby
    Morbidzbaby
    I hope the weather stops the witlesses from handing out all their wastes of paper--or gets them soaked (and the wastes of paper and suits ruined) trying.

That happened to us a few years ago... I protested that if we went to leave the invite in the door, it would get soaked and it would be useless (even though it already WAS). The elder we were working with had actually woke up in the morning, looked outside, saw the downpour, and grabbed a box of Ziplocs from Walmart. He handed each of us a stack and said "Here ya go, that'll keep them dry when you have not-at-homes".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit