Another one bites the dust

by Mickey mouse 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

I texted a fader in our hall, she suddenly stopped coming to the meetings a few months ago (I must admit it took me a few months to notice as I'm rarely there myself). In part, this is what she said:

Hi Mickey, Thank you for your message it's nice to know that you care x I'm doing well, mentally emotionally and physically I'm feeling much better and stronger.

Now isn't that nice.

• undercover
    undercover

Yep. Sounds like ex-JW code for "I'm sooo much happier away from that nutty cult"

• nugget
    nugget

It is nice to know that she is doing well and is in a happy place.

• Morbidzbaby
    Morbidzbaby

Awww that's great! Another one joins the ranks of the thinking class.

My family can't BELEIVE that I'm happier outside of it. My mother looks at me incredulously like I've just sprouted another head when I say "I'm happier than I've ever been...emotionally, I'm HEALTHY". I think the best way to show them that it's not all gloom and doom outside the org is to just BE HAPPY in my life and my choices.

• sd-7
    sd-7

Hmm. Once I started missing meetings, I did wonder why I felt relieved, deep down. Guess this is what happens. Nice.

--sd-7

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

Well I imagine for all of you that life is more pleasurable when you're selfishly living for yourselves instead of for Jehovah.

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

FREEDOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In william wallace voice

• Morbidzbaby
    Morbidzbaby

MLE: Bite me, my dear

• RosePetal
    RosePetal

When we were JW's we were living for the ORG [GB] and their pharisaical laws, rules and regulations, putting heavy unessesary burdens and loads on us.

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

SMH at the spiritual shipwreck on this thread. Evidently none of you has read Ecc 12:13 where it states the obligation that mankind has which is to obey Jehovah's commandments. How would any of you know The Great Lawgiver's commandments had it not been for His chose channel of dispensing spiritual food? Jesus was happy to do the work that his Father assigned for him no matter how complicated. Evidently sharing in wicked works is the only thing that provides the posters on this thread satisfaction.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit