Ok, I smashed a spider yesterday, but released a ladybug out the window. Hypocrisy?

by miseryloveselders 37 Replies latest jw friends

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

The weather over here is nice, and I'm ready to cash my chips in and say that Spring is officially here. Yesterday, I saw a spider, and I don't mind spiders, but he was a little healthier than typical, and I stepped on him, wiped the mess with a paper towel, and threw it in the rubbish. This morning I got up and saw a ladybug on the wall. I walked over, and gently brushed it into my hand, opened the window and released it. Is that hypocritical? Now, I have no particular rhyme or reason for why I treated the two bugs differently. Why does one's presense warrent an execution via Afani shoe, and the other warrents delicate treatment and release despite trespassing?

This same question can be played out regarding the treatment of dogs in this country vs Asian countries, or the Middle East. Horse Ribs are a delicacy in some countries, including the UK if I'm not mistaken. Here in America, that would be unheard of.

Why the inconsistent treatment when it comes to different animals and insects?

• hotiwitabody234
    hotiwitabody234

Well, because if you look at the bible. That scripture somewhere where it says jehovah forced people to scatter around and speak in different tongues. This caused different cultures and thats what we have today. I guess thats a smart !@# jwdub comment lol...

hotiwitabody

• unshackled
    unshackled

LOL misery...and I thought I think too much. But really it is quite interesting.

I'd say culture has a lot to do with it…at least when it comes to what animals we eat. As for the bug thing…it comes down to appearances. Spiders are creepy looking, ladybugs are friendly looking. Snakes, sharks, cockroaches, rats…all have a bad rep in society. We can blame Jaws on the shark thing.

• Berengaria
    Berengaria

I release spiders and ladybugs. I only smash flies and black widows.

• james_woods
    james_woods

Two points:

1) - the black widow IS a spider.

2) - a shark is actually quite good looking.

• Berengaria
    Berengaria

Yes Woodsy dear I know black widows are spiders, I should have edited. Sharks are evil looking.

2010 Ferrari California Convertible

• unshackled
    unshackled

I think sharks look cool but no other animal on earth freaks me out more...

• keyser soze
    keyser soze
    I release spiders and ladybugs. I only smash flies and black widows.

Hypocrite. I kill them all.

I remember having an apartment that was poorly insulated, and it got invaded by Asian beetles. Gross, yes, but sucking them all up with the vacuum hose was a lot of fun.

• unshackled
    unshackled

Well...I forgot about the camel spider...

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Some insects and animals are pests..

How many Mosquito`s have you tried to save in your lifetime?..

Coyotee`s will kill your pets and small children..

A black Widow Spider can kill you.. So can an Old Asian Woman behind the wheel of a vehicle..

Eating chickens never bothered anyone..

You could be eating an entire family in a KFC bucket..

mutley-ani1.gif image by GeneralWaco...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit