Shepherding call

by Shimmer 12 Replies latest jw friends

• r51785
    r51785

Invent a personal problem, perhaps something medical or psychological which they won't be able to solve by increased meeting attendance and participation in literature sales work. This worked for me. I was "lucky" enough to be going through a divorce and this was my excuse for everything!

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

While all the suggestions are good, why not have them over, at your convenience and when they want to know why you haven't been attending, just say you are having personal difficulties and don't tell them what. The less they know about you, the better. If you have many halls in your area, tell them you are trying different meetings. Don't lie to them, mind you, just engage in a bit of disinformation. After all, they have no problem not being forthcoming to others.

Or better yet, don't have them over at all and just say it on the phone. Provided they call you back.

If God's Spirit is filling a Kingdom Hall, how is it that Satan can manuever the ones within that Kingdom Hall at the same time?

• Shimmer
    Shimmer

Thank you to all that responded. Your ideas have given me a little bit more courage to not let them guilt me into something that I don't want.

Shimmer

A sobering thought: what if, right at this very moment, I am living up to my full potential?------------Jane Wagner

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit