Don Alden Adams

by Slave4_38y 8 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Slave4_38y
    Slave4_38y

I have a few questions about Don Alden Adams and I hope my fellow forum members can answer:

Is he still the president of the Watchtower Society?Does he also have the same revered status as the GB members?Is he anointed? Are the other directors anointed?

• jookbeard
    jookbeard
    all are non anointed,he is non anointed also according to wiki he still holds the position as president, these non anointed BoD's hold the real power on all the various cooperation's as do the legal dept, the GB are mere puppets
  • Slave4_38y
    Slave4_38y

Thanks Jookbeard,

I was under the impression the Governing Body calls the shots and the president and directors are only there to fulfill the law's requirements for corporations?!

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

The Magnificent 7 of the G.B. are merely the "religious front men" for the multi-billon dollar corporation known as the WTBTS.

Just as the Pope is the figurehead for his corporation.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

these non anointed BoD's hold the real power on all the various cooperation's as do the legal dept, the GB are mere puppets

Wiki gives no information on Adams having any formal secular education. Is a 90-year old guy like this really capable of charting the course for a multi-billion dollar corporation?

Adams and the BoDs and/or the GB may "call the shots" but surely someone with some business savvy is behind it all. Regardless what you think of the religion or the doctrine, it's a hugely successful "business".

Doc

• Slave4_38y
    Slave4_38y
    Thanks everyone for the info. It's a pity there's not a lot known about Adams himself. :-(
  • OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Here's Don Adams getting instructions from the Legal Dept.

I am sorry. When I hear that name (Don Adams), all I can think of is a bumbling fool named Maxwell Smart.

While the Governing Body stepped down in 2000 as a way to protect them and/or the organization from lawsuits, keeping this guy in office up until he's too old to do the job pretty much seals it for me that he isn't really running Watchtower. I imagine it's the lawyers doing most of the decision making. I do think a room full of Maxwell Smart-type Governing Body members decide doctrinal matters but have to run it by Legal and the Board of Directors (for financial reasons) before ultimately deciding anything.

Edited to add:
    I actually think of new light occurring similarly to Maxwell Smart bluffing when faced with the enemy.
    GB member suggests: Would you believe...

• Slave4_38y
    Slave4_38y

I loved "Get Smart"!

I just can cant get Don Alden Adams out of my mind! Why would pappa J and/or JC (I forgot who's in charge of the road-show) allow a non-anointed to be in charge of the purse? The same purse that allows this door-to-door circus to continue.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Wasn't there some twaddle in the W.T about the "Nethinim" in the O.T being non-Israelites who helped the actual Israelites, so non-Anointed could do the same in the Corporations ?

I get the impression that even the likes of D, Adams and those who are on the Boards of the various Corporations are figureheads too, in the main. It seems a shadowy group of Legal and Financial people actually run the show.

The recent re-branding, for example, did not come from the G.B or old farts like Adams.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit