Hey its just me

by What Now? 23 Replies latest jw friends

• flipper
    flipper

WHAT NOW ? - Great to have ou here ! Sorry you went through such abuse inside the Witnesses Glad you survived it . Nice hearing from you

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Hello and welcome to the forum. I'm so glad you are going to keep your son free of this awful religion...an act of love for sure.

Loz x

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

Welcome.

Bangalore

• strawberry cake
    strawberry cake

Hi

I've been where you are now, and left quite dramatically just over 3 years ago. We just realised it wasn't true and with a lot of support from this forum, we weighed up our options and decided to invite in the elders and ask questions. This led to instant shunning from 'close friends.'

We couldn't do it any other way as we were so disgusted. I must say if you have a lot of extended family in the org, there will be great losses.

I tried fading. But I couldn't stomach it. It was difficult lying to JW friends and faking it when I still considered myself a believer in God. For me the realisation was so profound that they all suddenly appeared to me like scary, brain washed zombies.

I did try, in vain to maintain some relationships, but it was impossible. My advice to you is to make new friends now and to keep your real feelings to your self. Don't trust anyone. Start building a new life and slow down gradually in spiritual activity. If you do it gradually they may not notice too much. I on the other hand jumped from passionate pioneer to giving up all my studies. (I'm an all or nothing person)

Wish you and the family all the best x

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit