Do You Wear Exercise Shoes? What Kind?

by White Dove 22 Replies latest social physical

• White Dove
    White Dove

I have Sketcher's Shape Ups tennies (mimics walking on sand) and Sketcher's Tone Up sandals, which are like walking on tiny balance balls.

I wear them all the time and have seen a huge difference in my legs.

Do you wear shoes like these, too?

• White Dove
    White Dove

What do you do for exercise?

I wear those shoes and have a dog that must be walked, so I think that is a pretty good program:D

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV

I just wear a pair of everyday cross-trainers for the times I'm out and about. Running (Jogging) shoes just aren't durable enough for me. I tend to shy away from products that make weird claims...

V665V665

• PublishingCult
    PublishingCult

I love my Tsubo Tychos

I mostly ride a bicycle and walk in these. they are great for the gym, too.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

New Balance or Asics - for running and walkng on the treadmill. I also have a pair of court shoes for an occassional game of tennis or racquetball. Get out there and have some fun - the shoes will wear out and you can buy new ones.

• whereami
    whereami

Hey WD, are the Sketcher's Shape Ups really that effective? My wife says she wants to get a pair because of the claims that they make.

I told her it sounded like hype to me. Can you give me more info on them? Like how you felt before wearing them to after. How long did it take for you to notice a difference?

What parts of the body did you really notice a difference in? Stuff like that.

Thanks.

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

This thread is making me feel like an odd ball. You know I don't own a decent pair of tennis shoes? Part of it is cuz I work in an office enviroment, and my off time is often enough JW related matters, so I'm never in a setting that typically would need sneakers. God, I never thought this would happen to me, and the older dudes I used to make fun of, told me this would happen someday. I'm a gump, a fuggin geezer. God, someone kill me please!!! I used to wear Timbs with shorts, fitted baseball hats, doo rags, and all that jazz. Now its official, I'm a fuggin gump.

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV

I'm also seriously into hiking. Garden variety sneakers just don't do the job if you're into hiking more than a mile or two in the woods. I have a good pair of water-proof hiking boots which I have paid a fair dime for...

V665V665

• unshackled
    unshackled

I wear these. Pimpin' is my exercise. And misery, I could use fuggin gump.

• headisspinning
    headisspinning

My husband went to the Running Room and they watched how he walked and did a full assessment of his stride. They then recommended the perfect shoes for him. I think it all depends on the person, their stride, their weight, any inbalance etc. (He ended up with a pair of New Balance).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit