I promised I'd update again when my book tour got close, so...

by brizzzy 12 Replies latest jw friends

• brizzzy
    brizzzy

Hi, guys I promised I'd update when I knew more about the book tour, so here you go:

http://girlsguidetohomelessness.com/upcoming-events/

Book launch is in just under two weeks and there's the tour dates/locations so far. What you see there is mostly radio, which just started booking. It's still being updated every day. There are also a couple of book signings/readings/Q&A sessions in there, but not too many yet. The readings and TV interviews will probably be scheduled right at the very end, since they tend to make the decision so last-second.

So far the book has been reviewed by Publishers Weekly (the main trade paper), which said great things about it:

http://www.publishersweekly.com/978-0-373-89235-8

And two days ago I got my very first newspaper review, which was super kind and humbling to read, and I'm pretty sure she's being far too nice and I don't deserve that many sweet things said about me Oh, well, what am I saying? I'll take it.

http://www.gainesvilletimes.com/section/86/article/48755/

And there are a couple other reviews I know of slated to be published soon (Orange County Register and ELLE Magazine). So yeah, anyway, there ya go :) I'm really hoping it helps get more coverage on JWs out there, along with homelessness. The JW upbringing and mentality is a running theme throughout the entire story, since it sort of touched all aspects of my life.

Right now I'm scheduled to physically visit San Francisco and New Orleans, but I know they'll be trying to send me to most of the major cities in the U.S. (i.e., Los Angeles, Chicago, NYC, Phoenix, Seattle, etc.) and probably a few in Canada, as well. If I end up doing a signing or a reading in a city near you, I'd love to meet some of my fellow JWN-ers.

• undercover
    undercover

Good luck. I'll keep an eye out for it at the book shop.

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

Cool.

I just ( pre- ) ordered it from Amazon.

Good luck to you!

Palm

• brizzzy
    brizzzy

Thank you! Oh, and I forgot to add, but before a lot of people were asking if it was going to be available for e-readers and when. It is, and is available for pre-order on the Kindle at Amazon.

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

I preordered it too. Good luck with your book. Peace, Lilly

• life is to short
    life is to short

I am so happy for you. Can not wait to read it and I am sending good thoughts your way.

LITS

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

This is great news!

Best of luck with your book tour

• WhatWasIThinking
    WhatWasIThinking

Sounds interesting, I'll need to pick it up for my Kindle. If you come through Phoenix I'll be sure to try to make it to the signing.

• life is to short
    life is to short

brizzzy

I just sent you a PM

LITS

• Lunatic Faith
    Lunatic Faith

Awesome! I am so jealous. I like to fantasize about going on a book signing tour (sigh). I am looking forward to getting my own personal copy. Congrats on your success.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit