Quick Question (or two, or three)...

by AGuest 44 Replies latest jw friends

• AGuest
    AGuest

Greetings, dear Caliber and ProdSon, and peace to you, both! Thank you for responding. I get what you are both saying. Dear Cal, this really wasn't about me referring to "a conscious relationship with all that is holy." IMHO, "holy" is another subject altogether. Indeed, there are spirit beings that aren't holy. There are people (spirits in physical bodies) that aren't holy... so not sure how we got there. It was simply trying to understand how some believe in "spiritual" experiences... even "spirituality"... without necessarily believing in a "spirit." Just not getting the reasoning on this, other than the word as "evolved" to mean/include something it necessarily didn't at it origin. That's all.

Dear Prod... I love your response. Of course, you know me, I would expound on some of the "details" a bit more but, overall, it comports with my understanding, in a bit more of a "textbook" kind of way.

But, again, thank you both... and everyone else... for responding and for your kind wishes. Both are appreciated.

Peace to you all!

A slave of Christ,

SA

• Farkel
    Farkel

shel,

I said:

"Jehovah's Witnesses are religious.

The Dalai Lama is spiritual.

The former talks the talk. The latter walks the walk."

You need to see the simple and not worry about the complicated. The complicated is almost always wrong.

Who is more engaging and inspiring and enlightened? Dubs? Or the Dalai Lama?

Religious? No. Spiritual? Yes!

Quit trying to over-analyze the obvious, girl.

Farkel, Big Brother and Friend

• Quentin
    Quentin

Shelby, have had time to ponder your question. For my part don't think I can go any further than what I stated. Farkel's comment is dead on. Keep it simple, don't over- analyze. Spirtual experence, or being spritual means different things to others, as the comments made show.

• AGuest
    AGuest

Yeah, no, I got what you stated, dear Daddy-O (the greatest of love and peace to you, dear one!). I think I said that. I went farther as to other's responses.

Q - I hear you. The greatest of love and peace to you, as well!

YOUR servant, both, and a slave of Christ,

SA

• caliber
    caliber

Apparently we humans consist of a IQ & EQ and maybe even an SQ. Intelligence Quotient, Emotional Quotient and Spiritual Quotient... each has value and different scales of measurement (IMHO)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit