• SilentNoMore
    SilentNoMore

Welcome from another newbie!

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Welcome!

• Desilusionnee
    Desilusionnee

Welcome sweetrose! Nice to have you here!

Dési

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Hello and a big welcome to the forum.

Loz x

• nugget
    nugget

Welcome to the forum. The organisation can do real harm to families because it encroaches so deeply into every area of life. The guilt and demands placed on people from a young age cause deep seated issues so it is wonderful that your son has been able to experience a normal life.

It is sad that your grandmother is not receiving suport from her children or the congregation.

Sadly this is not untypical although I have known congregations who have tried to support those in need in one congregation there was a rota of brothers and sisters to go and care for one sister with altzheimers so she could stay in her own home as long as possible. In other cases people have seen it as someone elses problem espeacially if there are Jw relatives who could help. JWs have to keep saying they are loving and happy if their works demonstrated warmth and love there would be no need to say it.

You are right to concentrate on your son at this time although I am sure it was a hard choice.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Welcome to the forum SweetRose. It's nice to have another escapee here.

Cheers

Chris

• troubledfiancee
    troubledfiancee

SweetRose,

Welcome! I'm glad to see you have freed yourself from the fear & guilt dispensed by the WT.

Flipper: How commendable of you to keep your son's interests first in showing him a normal life.

Seconded. Very commendable and shows strong character.

The ones I am most sad for are those who have their doubts and never walk away or who do leave but never let go of the life or the beliefs.

I couldn't agree with you more. No doubt there are literally millions of indivduals in one of these two categories today.

-TF

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

Welcome sweetrose74

glad to have you here

• sjac
    sjac

I am new here too, been on for 2 days. I have been out for 14 years but I lost my husband and 3 children when I left, got my youngest son out with me. All of my 3 JW children are in marriages set up by the JW. I was not allowed to attend the weddings. My only daughter has 2 children I've never been allowed to see. You learn to cope but the pain never goes away. It's very lonly. Because of my JW hangups it's hard to trust and meet people. I've been to Blue Mountain Christian Retreat in Pa. ( Witnesses for Jesus ) a WONDERFUL place and so full of love and common experiences. I hope to meet many of you.

• Retrovirus
    Retrovirus

Welcome, sjac!

I hope you start your own thread and share your experiences a bit more; sounds like you have been through a lot!

I'm a non-jw with friends and family in and have learned a lot here. Hope you enjoy it too. FWIW, I'm also a mum who raised the kids as a single parent, and I do feel for you.

Retro

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit