I Am Craving Bacon/Fatback Grease & Corn Bread

by snowbird 45 Replies latest jw experiences

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

How about tofurkey bacon, soy butter and pita bread??

• wasblind
    wasblind

Ha Haaaaa,

Outlaw has just lost alllll credibility

That's a great suggestion Palm ,

poor Syl, can't have what our tastebuds been reared in

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

Misery...

Thats a White Dude..Besides..You don`t eat enough KFC to Look that Good..

Do you know how many Buckets of KFC I have to eat,to look that good.

After every Sit-Up I get to eat One Bite of Chicken..

One Sit-Up burns off 2 bites of Chicken,so I`m always ahead..

LOL

• wasblind
    wasblind

See Misery you finally got outed about passin' off baptism pics

I let you slide on taye diggs, cause I was on your side, I wanted

you to impress. you got careless

Now so I won't be off topic, have some cornbread

The only thing Outlaw is keepin' in shape is his elbows

while he bend 'em to put chicken in his mouth

• saltyoldlady
    saltyoldlady

Palmtree - Tofu and Pita Bread - as a substitute for bacon fat and cornbread? Forget it. In fact YUCK! (Sorry, I actually like both of them but they just won't replace the craving for grease and cornbread - never ever!)

Bacon fat craving means you are in need of more saturated fat in the diet - and yes, we do NEED some saturated fat. Too many people eliminate it these days. The cornbread is a great source of Magnesium - much missing in today's diets and magnesium deficiency is one of the major causes of Heart attacks and Cancer. We need a balance between unsaturated and saturated types of fat - today's emphasis is overboard on the unsaturated side.

Plus the research behind fats and cholesterol are much skewed. It is not the fat per se but the rancidity factor of the fat that causes the problems. Good fresh butter, cream, or bacon fat - not even sausage CAUSE high cholesterol. (Ala info I learned from Jeffrey Bland, PhD = piled higher and deeper!) Plus research shows those with moderately high cholesterol levels - say 240 but a proper ratio between the high density/low density factors live longer. Those with low cholesterol shorten their lives. So three cheers for fatback grease and cornbread. The French love the high fats too but they wash it down with the best of wine and don't suffer the heart attack level you have been convinced will happen if you indulge yourself in the good things of life.

And who was it that made the crack about a 58 year old being too old for the Internet? I'm nearing 78 so you are making a false assumption, lad or lass - whomever you may be. Many blessings to ya! Salty and PS - don't eliminate the salt from your diet either! LOL

• manicmama
    manicmama

Oh Syl, can we have a side of beans with that? You're making me so sad to see my long gone grandma, she made the BEST cornbread ever! MM

• wasblind
    wasblind

Saltyoldlady taught me somethin'

I just learned also that I was lacking in the proper

amount of vitamin D, and I was told by my doc

that darker skinned people have a hard time

absorbing Vitamin D from the sun Now I have to

take a suppliment for that, I thought mowin' my yard

and workin out doors would have been enough

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

See Misery you finally got outed about passin' off baptism pics

I let you slide on taye diggs, cause I was on your side, I wanted

you to impress. you got careless

Leo was totally ready to leave her boyfriend for me too!!! LOL

• Robdar
    Robdar

I think I wanna gag.

Hey Syl,

Since I'm Jewish and don't eat pork, my husband gave up all pork products last year when we moved in together. He doesn't miss it. He had been taking cholestrol medicine for years and the dr took him off of it about 3 months ago.

Instead of pork bacon, have you considered turkey bacon?Turkey bacon lettuce and tomato sandwhiches are delicious. Turkey sausage is tasty too.

If you lived closer, you could drop by my house for a big ol' hunk of buttermilk cornbread. I've got some cold milk you could crumble it up in.

• snowbird
    snowbird

LOL @ all the comments!

I've been put on such a bland diet that I may as well be eating sawdust!

That's why I'm craving stuff from long ago.

Thanks for the advice, Salty Old Lady and WasBlind.

I no longer pay Misery any never mind.

Syl.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit