To my sister,

by flower 6 Replies latest jw friends

• flower
    flower

if you were able to get this url during the short time you were snooping on my computer last night then you have probably by now read a lot of my most personal feelings about my life growing up as a jw.

much of it is very shocking to you and will be even more so to mom if you tell her (which i wish you wouldnt!).

i'm hoping that after you calm down you will let this alone and do nothing with the knowledge about me that you have. i know that you have no interest in hearing the truth about what goes on in the organization so i wont even tell you to look it up yourself.

i dont go around trying to convert jw's and i havent tried to tell you any of this stuff so i think the best thing for jaden at the moment would be if you just left me alone. as long as i dont try to convince you all that you are wrong then what harm am i doing? i believe this is the truth so let me believe what i want and you continue to believe what you want. continue to shun me as you have done for all these years and i will continue to stay out of your way.

please just leave it all alone and forget you ever saw it.

you know who

• Gopher
    Gopher

Flower,

Sorry this unfortunate crap happened to you.

People who snoop are absolutely twisted and sick.

What is it about the JW's that make them think they can set the standards of what is right, feeling so superior? And while doing immoral, criminal things like your sister did?

What this shows is that JW's who act in such a deceitful way really do not believe in God. They are practically atheists.

GopherWhy shouldn't truth be stranger than fiction? Fiction, after all, has to make sense.
    Mark Twain (1835-1910)

• out4good3
    out4good3

Unfortunate...yes. But, was this "sister out of line".....HELL YESS!!! If she weren't snooping around then she'd have absolutely nothing to bitch about. If she was currently shunning you, then what reason would she have to be on your computer anyway other than to dig up dirt she can use on you. Hopefully she'll mind her own business but it's more likely that this sister will go to mom and further to the elders and get her merit badge for her support in "keeping the congregation clean" and they'll simply ignore the means by which she got that information in the first place. JW's have a knack for justifying anything they want to do for whatever reason as long as it appears that it's in the interest of the congregation or the organization.

• D wiltshire
    D wiltshire

Flower,

I hope things turn out OK with your sister.
    I agree with your letter, and I hope your sister does too.

If someone lived a trillion X longer than you, and had a billion X more reasoning ability would he come to the same conclusions as you?
  • flower
    flower

Thanks

yes sick and twisted (and just plain cruel in my opinion) is the only way to describe it.

but its justified to her, i dont know how she reasons it out in her mind that its ok but i believe that she honestly believes its ok to treat me this way because i am df'd and therefore not worthy of even the most basic human decency.

i cant believe i actually used to think that way. anyway, i dont think she would have read much farther once she realized what the site is about..shes really scared of apostates and wouldnt hang around here. but just in case

flower

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

Flower,

I hope this letter to your sister helps. At least you seem very strong about your beliefs and how you should be treated. That's great.

Please realize that she was in the wrong to intrude into your private belongings by even touching your computer. Unfortunately, it’s the Gestapo mentality that the jws reason they can do such invasive things.

Remember it's them, not you that are controlled by an organization and you are free mentally

j2bf

• outnfree
    outnfree

Sorry, flower!

This is really heart-breaking, to think that your sister would spy on you and then perhaps justify in her mind upsetting so many lives because of HER wrongdoing!

I hope, rather, that she will abide by your wishes to "leave it all alone."

outnfree

It's what you learn after you know it all that counts -- John Wooden

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit