Why doesn't the Watchtower have official video responses to critical Youtube videos?

by sabastious 37 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jeckle
    jeckle

kurtbethel wow she's hot i hate to waste a post noticing that but lets face it im a single father at home with no babysitter on a saturday night do the math

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

@JonathonH - You said "the GB are no longer biblical scholars of any sort, they are watchtower scholars". That is the absolute truth.

When I was there I met most of them- one even taught my pioneer school many years prior to becoming a GB- a very smart guy, but like many of the elders I have known over the years, they spend most of their time studying WT doctrine, policy and procedures- via the study books, flock/shepherd book, letters to the bodies of elders, etc.

THAT is what they become experts of. That is their Bible. When you already think you understand every apsect of the scriptures and can answer any question with certainty, it is under your belt, and then you can concentate on the "real stuff", ie, organizational things.

In that way they have drunk the koolade, yes. But as Ray Franz exposed in his books, they don't actually believe every single doctrinal thing the same- that is a luxury they and only they have- to actually debate these things among themselves and then decide when "new light" can shine upon the rest of the rank and file.

• aSphereisnotaCircle
    aSphereisnotaCircle
    Basically, yes I do.
    Do you mind explaining why?
    -Sab

I was going to try to explain, then I saw that JonothanH said it better then I could.

Once you believe your the spokesperson for god, details and facts dont matter anymore. And with each passing year you are more and more heavily invested in that belief, and less likely to think otherwise. But like I said, JonothanH said it better.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

They cannot make a sensible reply to anyone that tears apart their stupid beliefs. This is unlike just about everything I have seen--you have two sides of so many issues. I saw two sides of the "Crash JP Morgan Buy Silver" campaign--some would like to see JP Morgan crash and burn out of vengeance, others out of wanting them unable to help the Rothschilds enslave us all. And there are those that think doing this would only create hardships for all of us. All of them valid points.

The Washtowel, however, doesn't have any valid arguments. Why no Christmas? Because, according to the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger, December 25 is the day when they worship the sun and the Devil. Says who? Says the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger. That is a blatantly bad argument. The birthday argument is also bad: They only count two birthdays. Why aren't others counted? Because the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger translated "birthday" as "special day" in their own Bible where they are favorable, and as "birthday" in the places where they saw it in a bad light. Why? And, what about Luke 2:10-14? There simply is no sound argument in favor of Washtowel doctrine.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Flipper said it best. To respond to You-Tube videos would be to give them weight; as if they were worth responding to. It is much more economical to warn members away from the internet. They could also reason that by warning away they would only retain "true believers", that anyone who would dare to peek behind the veil are better off out of the society anyways.

• wobble
    wobble

The other problem they would have, if they replied , would be the difficulty in justifying the "Don't look at the wicked Internet" policy they have now. Any Dub would feel justified in seeing their wonderful "spirit directed" replies to the "lying false accusers".

Then the house of cards would fall.

At present JW's believe that they are keeping away from such on-line debates because they are beneath the WT, and therefore the arguments of those on You-tube are not worth the JW considering, if that goes, they have lost it.

They do believe that fear and guilt is what keeps the R&F going, have no doubt, if they did not they wouldn't allow so much of it in their writings, and of course they are right, remove the fear and guilt ,and again, the house of cards falls.

• Tuesday
    Tuesday

As one of the more well known Apostates on youtube and second in command of the Vast Apostate Army I guess I should respond there. I have a feeling the one thing the organization wants to avoid with their beliefs is an open dialogue. Open dialoge promotes being able to discuss beliefs and why those beliefs are held, when that happens it also promotes the always evil independent thinking.

I can tell you if the Governing Body tried to answer my questions, they all lead down a path with follow up questions that basically shatter each core belief. If the Governing Body answers with a specific response that then leads to a follow up question that destroys their answer then the actual Faithful JWs will essentially see behind the curtain.

It's basically a no-win situation for them, though I have to say I would LOVE to have a comment debate with anyone from the Governing Body any one from the Governing Body so I can point out all their logical fallacies and the holes in their arguments. I could die a happy man if I were able to do that.

• aSphereisnotaCircle
    aSphereisnotaCircle
    I would LOVE to have a comment debate with anyone from the Governing Body any one from the Governing Body so I can point out all their logical fallacies and the holes in their arguments. I could die a happy man if I were able to do that.

And I would pay good money to see a GB member sliced and diced by a no good apostate!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit