untitled

by Tatty 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• wobble
    wobble

Sorry about the Typos in the above post, but this good old site won't let me edit at present.

• Morbidzbaby
    Morbidzbaby

I have to say something regarding the not being able to go door-to-door right away...

In MY case, I was inactive for a while, then was publicly reproved, and I was still allowed to go d-2-d. They specifically told me "That's the one privilege you can enjoy...we don't take that away unless you're disfellowshipped". A year later I was again reproved (privately) and again, same thing. Allowed to go d-2-d, but that was it. Interestingly, I was accused of apostasy BOTH times (along with other stuff). They allowed me to go out anyway.

You see, they want more people out knocking and handing out literature and collecting donations. If every inactive person reactivated and was not allowed to go d-2-d, that would mean less they could count as publishers. You're no longer a publisher if you are DF'ed. You're still considered a publisher if you're inactive...you're an inactive publisher. When you decide to reactivate, the first thing they want you to do besides make all the meetings is GO IN SERVICE.

• Tatty
    Tatty

Thank you all very much for your replies. I hardly know anything about this organisation and every word from you helps.

I can not say that I am a very patient person, but I will try hard and do my best to help this person.

Chris, what questions do I have to ask, which answers I will probably have and how do I doubt and contrsdict them? I understand it should be based on bible and not just common sence? I have been reading on this forum that JW bible is translated the way to suit their doctrine and some lines are deliberately changed. I dont have JW bible, so it is a bit difficult to compare.

Wobble, I do think that the main reason for this person is the contact with his daughter, I remember him saying that he wants to see her future children growing. I do hope this is the main thing and I feel so bad I did not do my research about this organisation 2 years ago, then I would have had more chances.

• dgp
    dgp

Tatty, I think you can check this:

Captives of a Concept

http://www.amazon.com/Captives-Concept-Anatomy-Illusion-Cameron/dp/1411622103/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1302556926&sr=8-1

The basic question is "Why do you say this is Jehovah's organization?" If a witness understands it is not, then everything crumbles apart.

You can also read this one, though I have the feeling it's not as good as the one above:

How to Rescue Your Loved One from the Watchtower

http://www.amazon.com/How-Rescue-Your-Loved-Watchtower/dp/0801077524/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1302557446&sr=1-1

It might do you personal good if you check these two books, both by Mr. Steven Hassan, a former Moonie himself:

Releasing the Bonds: Empowering People to Think for Themselves:

http://www.amazon.com/Releasing-Bonds-Empowering-People-Themselves/dp/0967068800/ref=pd_sim_b_1

Combatting Cult Mind Control:

http://www.amazon.com/Combatting-Cult-Mind-Control-Best-selling/dp/0892813113/ref=pd_sim_b_1

Don't feel bad about not having done your research two years ago. I bet you felt you had met a wonderful person and saw no reason to study such difficult subjects as this.

I'm not sure if there is a standard set of questions, however. Every person has different doubts.

One person you need to protect is yourself. You'll be exposing yourself to a person who is way more skilled in instilling ideas into your brain. Other people you have to protect is those around you. I have made sure my immediate family knows how much I am against the Watchtower, and why. I believe most of them wouldn't convert, ever. And if anyone were to take "a study", I would have lots of ways to prove the witnesses wrong. This is a positive and unintended outcome of my being here.

Maybe you would also like to check this website: jwfacts.com. You can also try Freeminds.org

I wish you the best

• Tatty
    Tatty

Thank you so much DGP for the links. I have 2 weeks before I will see him. So, I have a bit of time to get ready.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep
    Chris, what questions do I have to ask, which answers I will probably have and how do I doubt and contrsdict them? I understand it should be based on bible and not just common sence? I have been reading on this forum that JW bible is translated the way to suit their doctrine and some lines are deliberately changed. I dont have JW bible, so it is a bit difficult to compare.

Wrong

Wrong

Wrong

You need to learn how to deal with their psychobabble before you ask your first question. Educate yourself with books on mind control. They don't have to be specifically JW. Cults are all much the same.

JWs only give lip service to believing the Bible, so your questions should not be based on it unless you are a highly skilled deprogrammer ... I'm not. I can trash a JW's doctrine and make a complete fool of them and it just pings off their head like they were wearing a potty on it. Talking Bible is a complete waste of an opportunity.

I believe that you have a better chance of helping him if you know very little about his particular cult, bugger all about the Bible, and lots about critical thinking. Critical thinking skills will enable you to spot the flaws in what he tells you and, hopefully, help you to work out how to ask questions that enable him to see the flaws in his statements.

Instead of reading piles of JW related books and memorizing lists of a hundred and one questions to ask a JW, concentrate on getting him to want to save you from his killer god while you educate yourself on talking to cult members.

I never said it would be easy.

Chris

• Tatty
  • Tatty
    Tatty

Hello Chris,

I hope you dont mind a PM

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit