Ray ROCKS!

by headisspinning 7 Replies latest jw friends

• headisspinning
    headisspinning

Well, I am almost finished reading Crisis of Conscience... I have a few pages left and I have to say that my eyes have been opened.

I'm not sure where to go from here.

I am going to order Ray's second book from Freeminds. Maybe not right away.... might try to let it all sink in and process...

Does anyone have a concise comment on what Ray's final beliefs were before he died?

Also, is there any way to contact or provide emotional or financial support to his wife? I would consider sending a donation if you can tell me where to send it.

Steve is going to read the book next. Then I have a 'worldly' friend who seriously considered converting and she wants to read it.

Then I have a plan for sending a PDF version to my mom.

WOW! Is all I can say.

• fade_away
    fade_away

I read about a quarter of it and it was enough to prove to me it's all a lie. I still want to finish it though!

• fade_away
    fade_away

I meant the Watchtower was all a lie. I don't mean the book.

• headisspinning
    headisspinning

Well keep reading... I know what you mean... but the real MEAT is in the final half. Totally worth it.

• sizemik
    sizemik

It's a great read . . . and Ray's personal qualities emerge beautifully throughout the book. While it's obviously not his purpose, it's hard not to end up with complete admiration for him as a person.

I reacted similarly . . . immediately took the book to some recently 'EX' JW's whose teenage daughter had been raped by an Elders son (who went on to do it again) . . . they were hesitant at first but agreed to 'have a look' . . . they ended up absolutely rapt and were most grateful for the favor . . . and they've never looked back (so to speak)

Thanks again so much to the late Raymond Franz (RIP) . . . he performed a wonderful service that has given real peace to so many

• scary21
    scary21

You are going to love Ray's second book, In search of christian freedom. It goes into alot of detail. My copy is well worn and highlighted! I know Ray never excepted the trinity. Didn't believe in a literal 144,000, and still believed in no hell. He always pointed to Jesus as the way.

Sherry

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Ray Franz kept most of his beliefs to himself.

"In Search of Christian Freedom" he explains more about his ideas about basic Christianity, but he loathed to have a following or anything like that. He used to meet with fellow Christians in their or his home to have Bible studies but that was about it.

Although he was willing to correspond and discuss scriptures with people, he was a mostly private person. I respected him for that.

• cantleave
    cantleave

He wrote me an email in 2009 and stated that he had a strong Christian faith, non-demominational..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit