i saw jehovah witnesses today and actually had a panic attack !!

by looloo 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Quandry
    Quandry

I know how you feel. I'd like to tell them so many things, but the panicky feeling overrides, maninly because I know how it would end up. Whatever I said would elicit the standard comebacks, "Those were just men, we should worship Jehovah." Or, "We wait on the slave to clear that up."

Actually, the only time I ever really spoke to JWs was when I was on vacation in Colorado. There was obviously a convention going on. As my family and I were going out the lobby doors, a large mass of dressed up people came out, some with their badges. I said, (actually I yelled) "Oh, the generation that was alive and at an age of understanding will not pass away until Armageddon, NO! the generation that is alive in 1914. No! Wait! The generation is the contemporaries of the time that don't accept Jesus. No! Wait! New Light! The generation is the annointed! (the latest change, overlapping generations, had not come about) I am sure no one in that large group was late that day, as they could not get away fast enough.

Come to think of it, I felt great afterward. I can't wait to see more JWs.

• moshe
    moshe
    I said, (actually I yelled) "Oh, the generation that was alive and at an age of understanding will not pass away until Armageddon, NO! the generation that is alive in 1914. No! Wait!

Just another reason not to wear those convention badges in public- JWs get mocked! I have tried those antics before and it sure makes JWs red-faced. The kids have a strange look on their face, though- what are they talking about, mommy?, but mom and dad sure get the point- run, run as fast as you can, to get away from the bad apostate.

• willyloman
    willyloman

Without minimizing your panic attacks, which are certainly understandable, I'd suggest one thing.

Take a page out of the JW book and prepare in advance. Develop a simple "presentation," in the same way the dubs teach newbies to go door-to-door. That way, when you are unexpectedly confronted with JWs you already know exactly what you're going to say.

Plan ahead and memorize a short statement that expresses your feelings and leaves no doubt where you stand. Perhaps something like:

"It's taken a long time for our family to recover from the damage you did to us. I want no part of your hypocritical and corrupt teachings. You should be ashamed of yourselves for teaching lies. Go away and don't ever speak to me again."

Look them in the eye when you say it, and remain calm but firm. It will be very effective, and you'll feel great afterwards.

• jehovahsheep
    jehovahsheep

i live far away from where they knew me-so i allow them to go through their routine and when they start to hand me their offer of literature-i calmly reach out my hand and say that i am disfellowshipped and watch their phoney smile disappear and the literature draw back into their bookbag.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit