Ray Franz Comments on the Memorial as Celebrated by Jehovah's Witnesses...

by LUKEWARM 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ÁrbolesdeArabia
    ÁrbolesdeArabia

Can you see why the Governing Body had to change doctrine to get rid of Ray Franz?

Instead of qouting each other as authority (The Scribes and Pharisees were known to qoute each other for authority on issues of every aspect of life, they often discounted the Torah and Prophets to their higher teachers of the Talmud) Watchtower qoutes itself, Ray Franz was like Jesus who qouted the Bible as his source of wisdom. Witnesses are excellent at saying "Brother Edward Elder said we need to do it this way. Chewie the C.O. said we can't be a ministerial servant while spraying for bugs next to a Military-Base, lest the spray kills bugs on the base by accident, you further the military industrial complexes agenda!"

@Scott77, Ray was beyond a good writer, he had a way with words nobody in the JW world has come to match. Few have Ray's style with words or has the ability to draw out the deep emotions of our group, like he did. If you find somenone who write's like him, do let me know.

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

Best thread I've read in a long time...

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

marked

• sd-7
    sd-7

--sd-7

• Wholly
    Wholly

Thank you Ray.

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

Thanks Lukewarm-- this info deserves a wide audience

• Indian Larry
    Indian Larry

Thank you very much for sharing this letter. If anyone else has any personal correspondence from Ray Franz that they don't mind sharing I would definatley be interested in reading it. I found both Crisis of Conscience and In Search of Christian Freedom to be fantastic books, and this letter was as well.

• Pterist
    Pterist

Thanks Lukewarm !

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit