Are cats for true Christians?

by gem 11 Replies latest jw friends

• gem
    gem

Has anyone stumbled across the following site:

http://www.angelfire.com/ky/proclaimer/607.html

No? It includes such gems as "Are cats for true Christians?"(Has to be read to be believed!)

It also contains the following post:

<i>

"My 20 year old daughter was recently disfellowshipped for fornication (she got pregnant and isn't married). My husband and I have completely cut her off, thrown her out of the house, refused to help with any financial or emotional support, and won't speak to her, just as the elders have counseled. When the baby is born, we want to be able to see it and of course, bring it into The Truth. However, our daughter is very angry and is totally unrepentant, and has even been exhibiting some apostate attitudes.
    She just can't see how much she is hurting us.
    My question is would it be considered "theocratic warfare" to get custody of the baby once it is born? She obviously will be an unfit mother, condemning her own baby to death by turning her back on Jehovah's organization. I am hesitant to ask our own congregation elders about this matter because since my daughter's disfellowshipping it seems that many in the congregation have been keeping their distance from my husband and myself. I am hoping that if we can get the baby into the truth we will be back in the good graces of the congregation once again.
    Signed, Sister Goodmother

Dear Sister,
    as your elders have so wisely counseled you, you should continue to shun your daugher. This is the most loving thing you can do for her in this situation. The Watchtower warns us that parents can have only limited contact with disfellowshipped adult children for "family emergencies or urgent family business" and to visit grandchildren. Now, it is up to your own conscience as to what you personally consider to be family business.
    I know of one elder who considered summer vacations family business and invited all three of his disfellowshipped children and their families to spend two weeks in a rented cabin on the lake. However, he did follow the guidelines of "not eatting with such a person", therefore he ate his meals in a separate room. Considering that you want to show your congregation that you are spiritually strong, I would advise you to follow the guidelines from the faithful and discreet slave to the letter, avoiding all contact whatsoever. There is no reason you ever have to see this baby at all.
    I know many many parents who have disfellowshipped children and these children have gone on to have families and the faithful parents have never even seen these grandchildren. What strong examples of trusting in Jehovah and his appointed organization we can see before us!
    If you want to get back in the good graces of your congregation, you must show how spiritually strong you are. Have you considered pioneering? Now that your daugher is out of the house, you and your husband should have more time for service. Perhaps you could both pioneer. This would truly make Jehovah happy."

</i>

This reminds me of an elderly couple in my congregation. They shunned their daughter for 30 years, because she left the "truth", and went off with a worldly man. Last time, I heard the husband had died, leaving the wife alone and in ill health.

HOW CAN A "LOVING" ORGANIZATION DO THIS? THIS TEACHING IS PLAINLY DESTRUCTIVE!

• out4good3
    out4good3

If you read further down that site there is a question that deals with whether or not it's reasonable to read CoC. Basically it's just a bunch of lame excuses about the GB knowing all the false prophecies and that it doesn't matter that they were wrong, but what matters is that they were in total aggreement. It also quotes an elder as saying he'd rather go to his grave being decieved rather than believing the WT being wrong. If that's not mind control, I don't know what is. Just believe in Jehovah and his "spirit directed earthly organization. I don't have a problem believing in GOD, but I do have one believeing in a man made organization claiming spirit direction where so many mistakes have been made to the detriment of so many. Seems to me that they're just another religious clergy class looking for unquestioned authority. Don't ask any questions; just do what we say because through us, Jehovah has spoken.

No different than any other religious organization.

• VioletAnai
    VioletAnai

Is this guy insane. I just sent him an email asking that. I shake my head in utter disbelief!

And the funny thing is he says he's a CO. Pretty brainless if you ask me. I know, I know, anyone here could of told me that!!

I'll neva look at my cat the same again. Tool of satan! Well, ok, she's got a bit of an independant spirit, does her own thing. Oh shit, does that make her apostate!!!

Unbelievable. Anyone who hasn't read this link, check it out, it is truly hilarious.

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

I have my doubts if this guy is a regular CO or even a current JW. Why? Does anyone else remember the site that contained spoofs of Watchtower and Awake covers that was recently removed? One of the covers asked the very question, "Are cats for true christians." However, I give the guy credit for having a pretty humorous site and sounding almost real.

Speaking of the phony covers, though, I want to share with you all what I did with one a whle back. I copied and printed the one that showed a roll of toilet paper and was titled "How to wipe your ass." Then, I carefully trimmed it to exact size and using scotch invisible tape, taped to an old Watchtower I had lying around.

Then, I carefully removed a current Watchtower from it's mailing cover belonging to my bratty and uppity 16 year old JW step-daughter. I folded the one I made up and carefully inserted it back into the cover and laid it on the coffee table along with the new editions that had just came for her Mom and sister.

Then, I just sat back and waited, chuckling all the time. I wish I would have had the cam corder set up to capture her face when she opened that Watchtower. It took her moment to realize she had been had, but her reaction was truly priceless.

Who says exJWs don't have a sense of humor? Incidentally, I have kept the magazine on the coffee table, face up, for all their dub friends to see when they come over. One young sister thought it was real at first too. Hey, we have to get laughs when and where we can nowadays!

If God's Spirit is filling a Kingdom Hall, how is it that Satan can manuever the ones within that Kingdom Hall at the same time?

• Solace
    Solace

Oh my God!
    I just checked out the link!
    I dont know which more disturbing, The thought of that mother trying to get custody of her daughters baby or his advice to just to totally shun the both of them and then they will have more time for field service. I wrote earlier that I have a fear that once my children were older, my J.W. family would start brainwashing them.
    Now Im going to have nightmares. The rest of the link is just totally bizarre. Is that for real? As he tells everyone not to read Crisis of Conscience, you can tell from what hes saying that hes read it cover to cover. It actually ecourages people to read it. Not only that, He totally exposes falsehoods of the Org. On a different note, Whats really sad is that my family is so brainwashed, I know they would listen to this guy and do everything he told them to. If there are more out there like this guy, These poor J.W.s dont stand a chance. God help them all.say it isnt so, this cant be for real!

• hungry4life
    hungry4life

I went to the site and read all the way through it. My impression is that it is a spoof . Yes much of what it says is similar to the JW propaganda and mindset but I beleive this site was meant as a joke.

• Solace
    Solace

Ya know whats sad, is that we actually have to think about it for a minute. Im seriouse. If my family saw that in a watchtower they wouldnt blink an eye. Scary.

• Wren
    Wren

It's a spoof. Notice who signed the last letter. This site was posted on this board a while back. The Are cats for true christians? is featured on another ExJW site. I lol after a few paragraghs, its the same indoctrination speech for not celebrating holidays but they inserted cats instead.

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

Definite spoof, but based on actual WT logic. Funny how it looks as if it COULD be real, doesn't it? And, think about it, if the Watchtower or Awake came out with these exact words, you would see hundreds of cats being turned in to shelters by all the good dubbies wanting to be pleasing to Jehovah. Sad.....really sad....but funny.

• out4good3
    out4good3

A spoof. That's a relief....thought I'd lost my mind for a minute.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit