God's Slow to Anger

by charlie brown jr. 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Leolaia
    Leolaia
    My guess is that with the ark, God was beyond fast, he actually struck preemptively by charging it up with electricity so that ANYone who touched it would die instantly.

That's what I thought as a kid. I thought, my goodness, the ark must've been electrical. Like, don't pee on the electric fence sort of thing.

• frigginconfused
    frigginconfused

There are some who think the ark was radioactive or something that would kill instantly. Maby they only thought god killled him.

• undercover
    undercover

Dying in nanoseconds of touching the ark kind of kills the whole "Raiders of the Lost Ark" storyline.

I much prefer "Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark" over "Uzzah and the 'Don't Touch - it's Electrified' Ark"

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

Yep, the Ark was (and is, it's probably still around somewhere) a small nuclear reactor. The Philistines quickly got rid of it when they started coming down with cancerous tumors.

• FadeToGrey
    FadeToGrey

Yeah I always thought that was uncalled for on gods part. The guy was trying to do some good, but the high and mighty arsehole kills him dead on the spot. Loving my arse. The god of the old testement would not know love and or kindness if it bit him on the arse. Glad i have no faith anymore in him or his so called earthly organisation.

Vile lying sumbags the lot of them

• Igot2bme
    Igot2bme

I like the part about how Jehovah struck the Ashdodites with hemorrhoids and rodent infestations for having the ark.

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits
    Dying in nanoseconds of touching the ark kind of kills the whole "Raiders of the Lost Ark" storyline.

I'm pretty sure Uzzah would've survived had he closed his eyes like Indy. Instead he melted like a wax Nazi.

• sabastious
    sabastious

Bible Apologist: Who says he was angry when he did it? There was a no tolerance policy there and it was broken.

I actually have a problem with that story being peddled as human history too. When will our species, as a whole, move away from myth and into reality?

-Sab

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

They always said that he was seeking glory or some nonsense.

First off, I'm sure it was an instant reaction on his part. He probably did it without even thinking. Also, how does the WT know his heart condition? I thought they weren't supposed to judge hearts.

• sabastious
    sabastious

Also I have a question about the bear mauling story in 2 Kings: did God spawn the bears to kill the kids making fun of Elisha's baldness or did he just make use of bears passing by?

-Sab

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit