How would the mind handle eternal torture in Hell?

by sabastious 10 Replies latest watchtower bible

• sabastious
    sabastious

From what we know of the human brain how would it react to the stimuli of, say, 1000 years of burning alive? Would they get used to it? What does a a mind that is used to burning as an existence act like? Would they eventually be able to stop screaming in pain on their own. Could you speak to that person?

Can a person, like me, who asks these questions ever put weight in the doctrine of Hellfire? I certainly have the means to imagine it fairly well.

-Sab

• fade_away
    fade_away

Maybe they people wiould eventually go numb and get used to it.

Satan: Number 21 you're up! Report to the ass burning torture chamber.

Number 21: Well, duty calls. *pulls down pants* Let's get this over with, I'm late for my daily skinned-alive and limb-severing torture.

• fade_away
    fade_away

Excuse my bad grammar. I'm kinda drunk.

• sabastious
    sabastious

lol fade away that is very reminiscent of Gary Larson. You read The Far Side?

-Sab

• fade_away
    fade_away

Haha, I've read his stuff occasionally.

• frigginconfused
    frigginconfused

You would go insane. Then complete clarity would wash over you and the effects of hell would no longer hold you. But I dont believe in hell. Thats an idea from the dark ages and Dantes inferno. It was used to draw numbers in the church in the same way modern people love horror movies.

There is no punishment for evil. Other than eternal death without ressurection. You can be as bad as you want without fear of hell. Its works out better that way. God dont want people to follow him because of fear of punishment. We should do things his way because we agree and willingly want to do them.

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

IN childbirth I had a dream that our brains live on when we die..I was only a brain and had left my body. It was going around in circles like the rings around Saturn.I could hear the song Farmer in the Dell in the background. (The dog ate the cat, the cat ate the rat, etc.) When I came to I had a horrible fear that it may be true..what do you think?

Snoozy

• Snoozy
    Snoozy
    But I dont believe in hell. Thats an idea from the dark ages and Dantes inferno. It was used to draw numbers in the church in the same way modern people love horror movies.
    There is no punishment for evil. Other than eternal death without ressurection. You can be as bad as you want without fear of hell. Its works out better that way. God dont want people to follow him because of fear of punishment. We should do things his way because we agree and willingly want to do them.

That's just it, no one really knows for sure one way or another...that's the only thing you CAN be sure of..

Snoozy

• strymeckirules
    strymeckirules

i just finished reading "The Gosple of Nicodimas" or otherwise known as "The Acts of Pontius Pilate"

remember in the bible when jesus died and the earthquake and the memorial tombs were opened and the resurrected saints walked around? matt27.52

well, they interview one of these resurrected saints in that book. and he tells you about hell and jesus coming down with power and authority and leading a bunch of the holy ones out of hell.

chapter 13. gives a neat picture of hell.

and a good arguement between satan and beelzebub

• sabastious
    sabastious
    IN childbirth I had a dream that our brains live on when we die..I was only a brain and had left my body. It was going around in circles like the rings around Saturn.I could hear the song Farmer in the Dell in the background. (The dog ate the cat, the cat ate the rat, etc.) When I came to I had a horrible fear that it may be true..what do you think?

That is an awesome dream! I don't have much dreams anymore and when I did before they were just nightmares.

-Sab

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit