Who was to blame for the blunder of 1975?

by trykkleif 23 Replies latest jw friends

• jukief
    jukief

I attended a special assembly held in Denver when Freddie graced us with his presence. He said from the platform that he expected the end in 1975. About 10,000 other people who were present also heard him say it.

• seedy3
    seedy3

I agree that the WTS never said "The end would come in 1975", but the hype, and upbuilding, about the date, that they did during the years prior to the fall of 1975 was to a point that they were saying it was going to happen. I remember the district assmebly talks about it, I had wished I had a recording of some of them. But I found the next best thing, Randy has one of the talks in wave format on his sight. It is a talk being given by a District Overseer in 1967, again he does not say positivly it is going to happen, but listen to his building that date up. Listen to the enthusiasm he has about 1975. I find it more a play on words to leave the door open if they screwed it up. Here is the link.
    http://www.watchtowernews.org/wav/sunutko75.html

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hey trkkleif,WBTS is responsible for this lie.As I was growing up it was promoted at every opportunity.The articles written about it are a matter of record.They made sure anyone who had anything to do with WBTS constantly repeated this lie.Now that they have been caught in their lie,they blame the people who were forced to preach this lie.And the lies just keep on coming..LOL...OUTLAW

• tfs
    tfs

This was posted back on January 8th, 2002 on "Main" Forum.

*********************post*************

Its a Fact:

The WTS cleverly and insiduously "pushed" the date of 1975 on the congregation of JWs. This is especially true since the year of 1968 and the release of the "blue bomb" or "Truth" book, which finally totalled in circulation over 100 million copies in some 115 languages worldwide.

This book, "The Truth that leads to Eternal Life", overtly shows the WTS actually pointed to and "pushed" the date of 1975 upon the JWs worldwide.

As many recall, with the release of this book JWs were urged to resort to a limited time frame of up to a maximum of 6 months of Bible study with persons of interest. Why? Because "time was so short". We were too close to Armageddon to waste time anymore with "unproductive" Bible studies.

Those who were JWs before 1968 know that, PRIOR to this, persons of interest could study with JWs for years on end, year in and year out, without really making any progress toward baptism. And this was acceptable. But, after the release of this book in 1968, this all changed.

Bible studies could now be stopped or "dropped" after less than 2 months or so of study, if no genuine "interest" in the message was detected by the teacher, and no real progress toward baptism as a disciple was being made. The WTS said, "drop the study", if no progress was being made, at least within a "6-month" period of time.

With the release of this information, a new urgency and vitality was infused into JWs, pointing forward to the date of 1975. Baptismal figures from 1969-1974 show this to be the case, with an unheard of, unprecedented total of close to 3 hundred thousand new recruits being baptized in 1974 alone (297,872 baptized).

This large increase in numbers can be directly accredited and attributed to the WTS' new 6-month "drop'em-or-baptism'em-'fore-75" policy since 1968 and the release of the "Truth" book.

The following quote is proof of that. First the original quote made back in 1968, 7 years before 1975.

"The Truth that leads to Eternal Life" page 9, par. 9 -- 1968 edition

"...Also, as reported back in 1960, a former United States Secretary of State, Dean Acheson, declared that our time is "a period of unequaled instability, unequaled violence." And he warned: "I know enough of what's going on to assure you, IN FIFTEEN YEARS FROM TODAY [or in 1975], this world is going to be too dangerous to live in."

Now, the newer, revised version of the same "The Truth that leads to Eternal Life" book, revised since the year of 1975, [1981 edition]

"...Also, as reported back in 1960, a former United States Secretary of State, Dean Acheson, declared that our time is "a period of unequaled instability, unequaled violence." Based on what he knew was then going on in the world, it was his conclusion that SOON "this world is going to be too dangerous to live in."

Why the change in the quote? What's the difference in the two different quotes?

If the WTS was not pushing the date of 1975, why revise the original quotation of the politician, which definitely points to the date of 1975 as being significant and worthy of note?

This quote-change is actual proof and evidence of the WTS' clever behind-the-scenes pushing of the date of 1975 on the JWs before 1975. Then, after nothing occurs in 1975, they systematically act to remove their "paper trail" of guilt. They remove any strand and/or trace of incriminating evidence "left-behind" in the original publication which could possibly be used at a future date, as proof that they "pushed" a date, and of their being the false prophets they actually are.

TheFalseprophetSlayer (tfs)

*Dean Acheson's quote taken from U.S. News & World Report, June 13, 1960, pp. 116, 119

************end of post*********

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit