Goodness gracious me...

by Abaddon 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

Hi people,

Well, I kicked the JWD habit a few years back, but idle curiosity and a LONG daily commute got me sniffing around the other day, and after trying every possible password I have ever used I get back in...

It's been LONG time everyone... cannot believe that, give or take a tiny bit, everything (and everyone) is the same. Some new names, some missing... has anything major happened in Dubbieland or xDubbieland? What do you mean Armagedon came already? Shit, was I asleep or something?

Don't get me wrong, JWD (and Tash's place before, Hi RedHorseWoman, I think we're the only one's left from off there) helped me lots back in the day...

... but I gotta say, continual reinforcement of identifying myself as an xJW is something I was glad to get out of the habit of doing. I miss it as much as I miss being a pothead. But then some of you oldies probably have a more balanced approach to life and don't turn it up all the way and rip the knobs off, LOL.

Simon; iOS access to the Board; sort it out mate or Steve Jobs will smite you, yay, verily.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

Talk about a blast from the past. I remember you from when I first came on here. I always enjoyed your posts, especially your debates with theists. Now all we need is hillary step and funkyderek to return- then JWN will be whole again.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Abaddon, OMG. How ultimately cool for you to come back and say hello.

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits

I don't know you but welcome back, Abaddon.

But then some of you oldies probably have a more balanced approach to life and don't turn it up all the way and rip the knobs off, LOL.

Our amps go up to eleven.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Of course you forgot me didnt ya????

But of course I remember you ...Hows life been for ya

while you strayed away from Granny yep Im still alive !

Did I hear you say "OH NO" the old trouble maker is still on site

Mouthyhttp://exjw.weebly.com/

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

AH debates with theists, those were the days... kinda like smoking too much weed... fun in its own way but doesn't really get much accomplished.

Mind you, I used to be an atheist... but now, I know I am god...

I definatey remember you Mouthy, and FlyingHighNow... weren't you in a film Keyser?

Saw a Louis Theroux documentary when he went (for the second time) to see the nutbags at Wetboro Baptist... he met up with two young women who have left since his first visit

One looked like she was doing Cult Decompresion 1.01 (kinda cool rock chick thing going on, mmmhmm), but had it by the numbers; it was all about the ego of the members, no sign of guilt, called it a cult. The other was still obviously mourning the loss of contact with her family, poor dear, and is still in shadows I think.

Reason I mention it is, that if you think about it, the JWs started off on a similar track with Rutherford, very confrontational... their coniving utilisation and subjegation of women, their compacent self-satisfaction and conviction of rectitude, their utter drabness... even the freaking KH's look like Westboro's church...

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep
    a similar track with Rutherford, very confrontational... their coniving utilisation and subjegation of women, their compacent self-satisfaction and conviction of rectitude, their utter drabness...

LOL .... My Dad (baptised in 1939) is still like that.

Nice to see you again.

Chris

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

I remember you - nice to see you visit.

• Robdar
    Robdar

Hello Abaddon. Long time no see. It appears you have been well.

• CoonDawg
    CoonDawg

I remember you! I took a long hiatus as well...I'm recently back because I just got the urge.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit