Jehovah, the Ineffective Creator!

by zgborn 11 Replies latest jw friends

• zgborn
    zgborn

To hear Jehovah's Witnesses tell the story, their god is a lousy creator. Consider, from the very beginning of time, he has had his intentions thwarted at every turn. He intended to have a world filled with loving human worshippers, but from the Garden of Eden forward, he has NOT gotten what he wanted. Those first humans, Adam and Eve, disobediently ignored his wishes and chose a course apart from his intentions. Subsequently Jehovah found it necessary to drown the entire planet to rid it of circumstances that he did not approve of. After that he intended to raise up a nation who would worship him exclusively, but here again, he did not receive the adulation he intended to create for himself, and so after slapping them around for centuries, he finally rejected them completely. After that he intended a new way for people to worship him, and established the Christian Congregation for this purpose, but within a century or two, that group also fell away from the pure form of worship that he desired. According to the Watchtower interpretation of the Bible, he can't get anything right but finds it necessary every so often to destroy what he has created and start over. Even today, they teach that he has been using them as his prophets, but not a single one of their predictions has actually happened.

Kind of makes me wonder if they really have the right story.

• wobble
    wobble

Also take in to account the fact that over 80% of the things he created are now extinct, because they were not fit for purpose, he is one lousy creator !

• NomadSoul
    NomadSoul

Well don't wonder if they have the right story because they don't.

When faced with the challenge that the creator you believe in is flawed, many people just say that his ways are higher than ours. That he has his purpose. Instread of thinking about these flaws people just say that and move on.

We need more critical thinking.

• Morbidzbaby
    Morbidzbaby
    We need more critical thinking.

Critical thinking is a handicap in Dub Land. Amazingly, I always scored very high on critical thinking tests and the like when I was in school. My brother, too... Neither of us stayed with the bOrg.

As for the lousy creator thing, yeah I'd have to agree. Borrowing from my post in Falcon's water canopy thread, he apparently created this water canopy for his perfect earth, then opened it up and emptied it, and threw his perfect earth completely out of balance. Not a lot of forethought there, huh YHWH?

• wobble
    wobble

Yes, two thirds of the planet is now water, and YHWH knows how long it took to evolve gills, we don't have 'em !

Does that mean he loves the fish more than man ?

• NomadSoul
    NomadSoul

Okay, how about the plants? Plants are the most effecient living thing in the planet. It can take light from the sun and turn it into energy.

Why not create a human being that efficient?

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

And what about Satan, and all the angels that followed suit? He didn't even get his spirit creatures right.

• Heaven
    Heaven

And what's up with creating stuff like Giant Hogweed and Poison Ivy? And is he still creating (?) because H1N1 is pretty new.

• moshe
    moshe
    And what's up with creating stuff like Giant Hogweed and Poison Ivy?

I read once that 95% of the plants in the world are poisonous to us and nearly that many to animals. Poisonous plants don't get eaten, so they can propagate better.

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

yes he had problems in heaven first... He screw up with Satan..... and all the angels.... and finally....

HE appointed alot of deficient Kings in heaven so he has been replacing them with new annoited ones since 1935

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit