hillary_step

Marilyn,

Are you in the UK?

HS

• TMS
    TMS

Hillary.

this caught my eye:

I grew to love the ‘pole’, whose literary eloquence convinced me in later years that he too, had subjected the most important thing in a persons life; his creative soul
    Thank you,

TMS

• think41self
    think41self

Hillary

If you really cannot guess, we may have to revoke your spanking licence!

Of course, you silly man ....but what's the fun in that when I could get juicy details? And for all I know, you people do things differently over there, and this could have been a golden opportunity for cultural enrichment and gymnastic enlightenment!

Besides, you can't revoke my spanking license! It would have to be by unanimous vote...and I know too many of the posters dirty little secrets....hehehe.

Tracy

• GinnyTosken
    GinnyTosken

I'm all for "cultural enrichment and gymnastic enlightenment!"

And . . .ummmm . . . how long was this pole?

Ginny

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Tracy,

And for all I know, you people do things differently over there, and this could have been a golden opportunity for cultural enrichment and gymnastic enlightenment!

All I am prepared to say is that it involved a hot air balloon, a cowrie shell, and three pounds of King Edwards.

HS

• think41self
    think41self

Well Hillary,

If you'll tell me about the

hot air balloon, a cowrie shell, and three pounds of King Edwards
    ....then I'll tell you about the surfboard, rubber hose and and lobster tails(with butter of course)

Tracy

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Ms. Ginny,

And . . .ummmm . . . how long was this pole?

That would of course depend on which cubit measurement you applied.

HS

• Marilyn
    Marilyn

Australia Hillary! MG's are very popular here. Hubby has another one now. An MGA. Thankfully it's not red though. I know what they say about (old) men and their cars. LOL!

Guess you must be about our vintage?

Marilyn

• Duncan
    Duncan

Hillary

Great stuff, really enjoying this, I’m looking back and seeing events completely through another set of eyes.

“Telegraph Pole and Mustache Man” made me laugh, excellent descriptions!

it was obvious that the Pole was deeply impressed with the example of Duncan…beaming with pride…
    I found this particularly interesting because I always felt I had a slightly difficult relationship with him, and would never had guessed that he took any “pride” in anything I ever did – I’ll explain more in my forthcoming “Memories of Hillary” post.

But I’ll wait until you’re done with part III.

I can’t wait to see how this all turns out.

Best regards

Duncan.

Ps:

I’m not quite sure the kind of friend I was to Duncan…

Never worry about that. Perhaps I’ll put a bit in about that also in my post.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit