Two elders are coming to visit at my invitation.

by Wasanelder Once 23 Replies latest jw experiences

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

The elders have been spreading lies about me to JW friends and they are panicked. They don't know what to make of it. I've never given them reason to doubt my faithfulness or to make them think I talk against the organization. Poor people thought they would be DF'd for talking to me. Religion by man is foolishness. This should be interesting. I'll keep you posted to the degree I'm able. Bring it on!

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

I can't wait to hear this story!

• Murray Smith
    Murray Smith

Was . . . this sounds a little ominous . . . they must be on to you somehow . . . be ready for anything, as they will be prepared somehow. I can't help the feeling things aren't gonna be quite the same anymore whatever happens . . . good luck and do keep us posted.

Luvonyall - MS

• WontLeave
    WontLeave

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt. They'll deny, deny, deny and/or twist everything they've said into "innocent" paraphrasing. At first opportunity, they'll turn the conversation around and put you on the defense. If you decide to go over their heads, the C/O won't care; in fact, the elders you have a problem with will have his ear long before you and poison the well with him. He'll insist, after their private meeting you're not privy to, the elders slandering you be present at your meeting with him. Nothing will come of it that will be the least bit helpful. If you write to the Service Department, you'll get a copy-&-paste response (if one at all) and a copy of your letter will be given to the body of elders in your Hall. The elders will write their response - which will actually bear some weight with the Society - and you will never see it and never know what new things you're accused of. Everyone involved will view you as a rebel and a trouble-maker, condescending to you as being "spiritually weak".

• lesterd
    lesterd

Tape the visit, hide it to get the real truth

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

(bookmarking)

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

bookmarked, good luck

• alanv
    alanv

Remember the main question you will prbably get, is do you regard the FADS (GOVERNING BODY) as God's channel. Any sign that you don't will be curtains. Especially as you probably vowed to work with them in the second baptism question. Look forward to seeing how you get on.

Good Luck

• PYRAMIDSCHEME
    PYRAMIDSCHEME

Yeah, good luck. I look forward to your updates.

• zoiks
    zoiks

Should be interesting, indeed.

Bookmarked for later.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit