New Believers, Studying.

by cupcakekourtney88 73 Replies latest jw friends

• cupcakekourtney88
    cupcakekourtney88

Hey Y'all!

My name is Kourtney and I am new to this Form and Jehovah Witnesses. Right now I am studying the Book "What does the Bible Really Teach". Today was my 2nd bible study and it went great!! One of my face passages from today was 1 Peter 5:7 (:

I looking for an Online buddy to talk too.. also Is anyone new to studying as well starting this book? Has anyone finished this book and what was the best chapter for you?

Thanks Y'all and have a great Night!!

Kourt.

• Murray Smith
    Murray Smith

Hi Kourtney and welcome to the forum. You will find plenty of on-line buddies here.

All I can say is be very careful about where you "throw your anxieties". The great majority of people here are ex-Jehovah's Witnesses and most of them were a part of this religion for 20/30/40 years . . . even more. The reason they are here is because circumstances forced them to step back and objectively re-eveluate this religion. Most also wish they had done that much earlier.

My advice to you is to make that objective evaluation NOW . . . don't wait. I'm guessing there will now follow a number of suggestions as to how you can do that.

Luvonyall - MS

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

Kourtney,

Welcome to this forum!

Please take a good look at the other posts. There are folks here who will be happy to help you study the Watchtower teachings, but it will be from a significantly different point of view. It will be worth your while to study the teachings of any religious group carefully, to see if they really are teachings from the Bible or man-made laws; to see if the congregations members usually "practice what they preach" or if they are hypocrites who say one thing, but behave differently.

I encourage you to keep an open mind and study both sides, not just what your recruiters tell you to study. It is too important a decision to make without being fully informed of all the issues and all the consequences that are involved.

• NomadSoul
    NomadSoul

LOL

• Retrovirus
    Retrovirus

Welcome, Kourtney!

I studied for several months and still have "What does the bible Really Teach".

I found many problems with the literature provided and am happy to go into detail if you wish. My jws could not answer them either, and chose to discontinue the sessions.

Remember that the Bible encourages peope to "make sure of all things" 1 Thess 5:21. If something is wrong, it's no good trying to stick with it because it is comforting or whatever.

There is a wealth of information on the net; I suggest jwfacts for a good start.

Most people here are no longer believing JWs. I will never become one either.

Retro

• shamus100
    shamus100

Welcome to the greatest apostate board on the planet. :D

For once, I'm not kidding in the least. RUN, DARLING, RUN! :O

• shamus100
    shamus100

Welcome to the greatest apostate board on the planet. :D

For once, I'm not kidding in the least. RUN, DARLING, RUN! :O

• cupcakekourtney88
    cupcakekourtney88

@ Retro What did you find a problem with the book...

Thanks Murry smith

• still thinking
    still thinking

Hi Kourtney,

Welcome welcome,

I'm not sure if you have come to the place you think you have luv. Please take a moment to have a look at some of the other topics being discussed.

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

Hi Kourtney!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit