JW's View of Dating when Still Married

by charlie brown jr. 5 Replies latest social relationships

• charlie brown jr.
    charlie brown jr.

I knew an Elder who's wife left him not Divorce seperated....

He started seeing this Sister and went out to dinner with her every KH Gathering there they were sitting and very open with their feelings.

Finally this Elders Wife filed for divorce and less than a month later ..........This Elder and Sister were married.

He told me while he was still married I know who I would Marry! I thought if this was anyone else they would be talked too so fast.

Everyone in the Hall Whispered about the 2 but since he was an Elder no one had the guts to say anything....

Anyone else see Elders or others because of their status..... get away with things anyone else would be DF'd for?

• headisspinning
    headisspinning

I saw something somewhat similar happen... our presiding overseer and his wife were still living in the same house, but on all other counts they were separated. In fact, he would sit in the front right hand corner of the hall, and she would sit in the far back left.

They travelled in separated vehicles and lead separate lives. At that time I was about 18 years old. I was friends with the p.o.'s son. I remember going to a sister's home to watch a movie and the p.o. was there too. It was quite obvious that he and another separated sister were emotionally involved.

I guess because the rest of us were so young they figured they were safe. Anyway, in time my friend - the p.o.'s son - was publicly reproved and so his father stepped down but being very vocal that it was over the conduct of his son.

It made me so sick because we all knew he was up to no good and it was actually very disturbing for us kids to see what was going on.

I ended up moving away so I'm not sure what ended up happening with this situation. I heard the former p.o. and his wife did officially separate and go their own ways, but i'm not sure beyond that.

• baltar447
    baltar447

You can be DF'd for dating while not "scripturally free", I know of at least one couple that this happened to.

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

Yes,a person has to be legally divorced and scripturally free to remarry, to be able to start dating again. But, I have known a few that date someone before their divorce is final,and even individuals who aren't scripturally free. It would be a frustrating situation to be in for a Witness.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Yep, I've seen it happen. A sister in the Menlo Park congregation (this happened back in the late 70's) was enamored with an elder but there was one hitch - he was married to an UBM. When the elder's wife finally left him (I got the impression that she was fed up with the jw life style) the sister jumped on that man like white on rice even before the elder got his divorce. They promptly married after the divorce was final. I wonder if they're still married?

• charlie brown jr.
    charlie brown jr.

I actually Knew a MS who got a divorce online thru another country .......

Which was not recognized in the State he lived.....

and guess what?

He remarried and months later in Court he was informed...... HEY YOUR NOT DIVORCED YET by the Judge who was behind the Bench..

He argued "I am divorced... it said it was Legal"

Again the Judge ...Now PISSED!!! ...."Don't Tell me what is Legal or Not"

So he now had 2 wives as a MS..... And guess what.... He remained a MS...

That is the way Massachusetts Halls React....... It was an honest mistake ...the Elders who stood behind him....

This is a True Story!!! I was friends with the wife and informed her.... I'm Pretty Damn sure you need to Divoce In Mass. before it's Legal.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit