Anyone Here With an "Earthly Hope"?

by Quendi 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Quendi
    Quendi

Since the Memorial is a little more than two weeks away, I thought I would raise this question, particularly for those of us who have left the organization. Do you have what the WTS calls the "earthly hope"? I know many ex-JWs have renounced religion altogether and don't believe in any of these things. Others are still "religious" but have rejected any and all WTS teachings. And still others have embraced the belief that they will eventually go to heaven as that is the destiny of all Christians.

I personally have no hopes of going to heaven. I believed I would as a boy growing up in the Roman Catholic Church, but when I became a Witness I embraced the teaching of everlasting life on Earth as being God's original purpose for humanity. Now I have left the WTS and will not attend the Memorial this year. There are many reasons for me to boycott the celebration, but one of them is my own personal belief. I do not have, nor have I entertained, the hope of heavenly life. And since that is the case, why participate in or "observe" a ceremony that has nothing to do with my own beliefs or prospects? That has not changed since leaving Jehovah's Witnesses. I still believe that everlasting life in a physical body on a physical Earth will be my portion should God choose to reward me with eternal life. I am wondering if anybody else feels the same way.

Quendi

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Right now, having only been out about 6 months I'm in a bit of a 'no man's land' and that's fine I'm not an unhappy 'apostate' without hope.

The only 'earthly hope' I have in mid right now is being buried in it when I pop my clogs!

• J. Hofer
    J. Hofer

i have earthly life, and i hope it lasts for a while.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

I'm the same as J. Hover. I hope technology and science will progress to the point where I can live at least 120 years. I want to have a good relationship with my grandkids and great grandkids and see them grow and prosper in a world of love, justice, and peace. Maybe my head can live forever in a jar like on Futurama or something, LOL.

The "earthly hope" of the JDubs? Eternal life with those smug, self-righteous goofs? Hell, no.

• DagothUr
    DagothUr

I already purchased an entire countryside meadow with wild daffodils on it and I intend to feed their bulbs after I die. I feel just like a pharaoh...I will rot in peace for eternity.

• Ding
    Ding

I think the two class distinction is unscriptural.

Revelation 21-22 indicate that in the end God will dwell with His people on earth, thereby eliminating the distinction between heaven and earth.

I also believe that the Bible teaches that eternal life is a gift to be received by faith, not a reward to be earned by theocratic works. (Ephesians 2:8-9)

• designs
    designs

I support the 'Green Movement' and work in the 'Green' industry, does that count

• NomadSoul
    NomadSoul

My Earthly hope is not to get run over by a car.

• designs
    designs

What if its a Prius

• Twitch
    Twitch
    My Earthly hope is not to get run over by a car.

Why? You wouldn't have to endure the horror that will be Armageddon. You just wake up in Paradise. What's wrong with you?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit