If an 89 year old woman can pioneer, why can't you slackers and bums do it?

by miseryloveselders 42 Replies latest jw friends

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

Who are they preaching to?..Who even see`s them?..

Me and a few truckers driving by?..

Hey! Truckers need to hear The Truth too!

• Quendi
    Quendi

I thought this got posted, but evidently I hit the wrong button. When I pioneered, we had a man in the congregation who suffered from multiple sclerosis. His disease had progressed to the point where he could no longer drive. His wife was the breadwinner and he had two young sons in school, so he spent his days at home alone. He insisted that he could auxiliary pioneer, and he was certainly encouraged to do so by the elders. The problem was that his MS made him difficult to work with because he could not walk very well and had the kinds of physical problems one usually sees with advanced age.

Since I was the only male pioneer in the congregation then, I was the one who was assigned to work with him. I told him that the only way things would work well was if he would have a set schedule. I further told him that I would not work with him every day. He could have two days one week and three days the following week. Unfortunately, he didn't see things that way and insisted on going out daily. Eventually, I was forced to tell him that I would no longer take him in service or work with him if he found some other means of going out.

What annoyed me further was that the elders didn't have the backbone to tell him that his disease meant there was no way he could auxiliary pioneer. Multiple Sclerosis is a very debilitating illness, and it imposes burdens on everyone who has to deal with the afflicted person. This man should have been told that while he was welcome to work in service, there was no way his application for auxiliary pioneering would be approved. And naturally, none of the elders or ministerial servants wanted to work in service with him either. However, they were only too glad to put the burden on me.

That is the real problem I see with relaying these fantasy experiences like the 89 year old woman. Nothing is said of the burden her pioneering imposes on others. Nothing is said how the elders who approved her application and recommended her appointment don't lift a finger to help. They gladly pass the burden on to others. Nothing is said of the physical and mental toll 70 hours in the streets and all kinds of weather takes on the aged. And if the "pioneer" will not cooperate with those who must work with him or her, they are not counseled to do so or see the privilege revoked. Instead, the experience is relayed to make others feel guilty about their own non-pioneer status, as has been noted, and to exert even more mind control on the rank and file. It's all a charade.

Quendi

• wasblind
    wasblind

Yes Quendi,

they use these poor souls as examples for the healthier ones,

whenever I stayed home from not feelin' well, I was given the

" brother so and so who is on his death bed but never miss a meetin' or field service talk "

the only thing that it proved to me was that brother so and so was a dag blame fool for

not havin' the good sense to know when to quit

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit