The Watchtower, a cult that worships the FDS and GB!

by VM44 55 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• VM44
    VM44

With the continual emphasis that The Watchtower places on following and trusting the FDS and the GB in particular, one can only come to the following conclusion:

The Watchtower (and the Jehovah's Witnesses) are followers of a cult that WORSHIPS the FDS and the GB!

That's it!

Essentially everything in the Bible refers to the FDS/GB.

Everyone must listen to and follow what the GB says.

Everyone must consume the "rich spiritual food" provided by the FDS and the GB!

It's a cult.

• Pika_Chu
    Pika_Chu

Yep. I've heard people say that their JW friends and relatives would rather they become ATHEISTS instead of finding another religion. In other words, more important that we believe int the WTS than God.

• mythreesons
    mythreesons

So true...pika chu! I've heard that myself!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Christians follow Jesus..Jesus is their Mediator..

Jehovah`s Witness`s follow the WBT$..The WBT$ is Their Mediator..

Jehovah`s Witness`s are not Christians..Jehovah`s Witness`s are WatchTards..

........................ ...OUTLAW

• VM44
    VM44

In AllTimeJeff's article, "What Gilead Taught Me", he gives his observation of the preeminence given to the FDS and GB when he attended Gilead school.

They should know that to the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses, the bible isn't about you. It isn't about Jehovah. It isn't about Jesus. Its all about them, the Governing Body, "Christs brothers", the Faithful and Discreet Slave. It's all about them, for them, and it is a sham. They are as prophetic as dead skin. THAT is what I learned at Gilead. THAT is what the bible is all about to the leadership of Jehovah's Witnesses.worshipping the GB that is the nature of the whole Watchtower Organization!

http://www.freeminds.org/blogs/spirituality-beyond-gilead/what-gilead-taught-me.html

• edmond dantes
    edmond dantes

How very true they have set themselves up with the most high. They proclaim themselves directed by the one chief director , well two if you count Jesus three if you count Charlie Russell four if count Judge Rutherford and five if you count ------------- oh never mind.

Point is nobody but themselves have done the appointing bit. It's a bit like somebody who walks around claiming to be Napoleon or General Patton. Don't take them seriously just humour them or you will end up as daft as they are. I don't think it's a good idea to follow them down the street marching and singing while they bang on the big base drum seeking attention.

• TotallyADD
    TotallyADD

So instead of being the Christian Congregation of JW they really should be called the "Faithful and Discreet Slave" Congreation of JW. or the "Governing Body" Congregation of JW. Or maybe " Don't trust what you read in the Bible but trust what the GB says"Congregation of JW. Finally "We have been living in the last days for 137 years" Congregation of JW. It's is a cult. Totally ADD

• Pahpa
    Pahpa

When a person attributes salvation, redemption and life to an organization

rather than to God, it becomes a substitute for God. The Watchtower

has done this. It convinces its members to look to them for these

powers. The "loyalty" that belongs to God alone is given to imperfect

men. The Watchtower can use whatever twisted reasoning it may...

but God will judge differently.

• Knowsnothing
    Knowsnothing

The GB: We have all the answers!

I(knowsnothing): Then what's the question for 42?

The GB: (brains simultaneously explode)

• Terry
    Terry

In order to be an EXCLUSIVE religious body with CENTRAL AUTHORITY Jehovah's Witnesses must create a FOUNDATIONAL cause for that authority.

1.The first christians had as a foundation their own belief in the ORAL STORIES told about Jesus as Messiah.

2.The Catholic Church had as a foundation the teaching that Jesus himself appointed Peter as 1st Pope. Once you buy in to that you ALSO

must accept their self-created DOCTRINE of Magisterium: the Pope and Bishops determine what is true without error.

3.The Protestant revolution had to replace this foundation.

The central authority of Pope and his inerrancy needed to be replaced by something. But--what?

Martin Luther invented a counter-weapon. He developed his own idea: SOLA SCRIPTURA. The BIBLE now became inerrant. All a person of faith needed

was to read the bible BY HIMSELF and the spirit of god would give him the rest.

4.Protestant christianity (applying Luther's doctrine) split into denominations with different OPINIONS using the bible alone.

5.Higher critics pointed out thousands of errors and contradiction in the bible. THIS SERVED TO REFUTE THE ASSERTION OF INERRANCY.

6.Cults immediately sprang up to take advantage of the AUTHORITY GAP.

A. Cults assert a different SOURCE for their authority: a special selection by God enabling them (the cult leader) to infallibly interpret the bible

B. When predictions prove false these cult leaders tighten their hold by asserting a doomsday SCARE AUTHORITY instead

Jehovah's Witnesses tried to be both a Magisterium and use an Ad Hoc Doctrine as a prop (Faithful and discreet slave). Their Governing Body

uses the bible (declared inerrant) PLUS this Magisterium (selection by Jesus in 1919) PLUS ever tightening authority and exclusion.

The bible is only a mirage of authority and source for JW doctrines. Their GB Magisterium is really the only foundation for authority they currently have going for them.

Since that GB authority has proved fallible time and time again....they can now only use SCARE TACTICS (drumbeat about death at Armageddon) to control and choke off competition from other denominations.

The same theme has followed Christianity from the very beginning. It always ends the same way.

BY OVERSTATING THE SOURCE OF AUTHORITY the central leader sets themselves up to fail and to fall.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit