Being Turned In By Family

by SlipnSlide 23 Replies latest jw friends

• Mr. Falcon
    Mr. Falcon

My sibling ratted me out. We were never really close and then one night she just shows up at my meeting (she didn't go to my hall). She said she just felt like visiting, but after the meeting I saw her in the corner talking all confidentially to 2 of my elders. It was odd, but I didn't immediately register that something was wrong, since one of the elders was an old friend of ours. I figured they were just friendly chatting. Boy was I wrong.

So the next Saturday, my wife and I are home watching college ball and suddenly we look out the window and a car with the same two elders pull up. They were supposidly just checking in on me, seeing that I was technically inactive at the time. Then at the end they started asking questions and alluding to things they "heard" concerning some alleged nefarious activity I was seen to be engaged in. I told them no and asked politely where they had heard such reports. At this time, I still hadn't put 2 and 2 together to realize that it was my dear sister. They politely refused to answer, said a prayer and wished me well. When they left it hit me like an uppercut. My own flesh and blood (whom I later confirmed was responsible, despite her denial to this day) sold me up the river for a song.

Like I mentioned earlier, we were never really close. But this was the final straw for our relationship. We still are cordial and small talk at get-togethers, but I can't ever trust or rely on her ever again. Not that I ever really had in the past.

BTW, nugget, I'll march to war at your side anytime.

• jam
    jam

Reluctant to post one of many experience, but after reading other,

mines was not that insane.

The wife and I had divorce about six months, I was DF. I live

close to my Ex and my kids. We were married 18yrs. and four

kids. After six months my wife told me she made A mistake and

would like to get back togather. At this time I was attending

the meetings, A different KH. One night my Ex wasn,t feeling

good, so she did not go to the meeting. My oldest daughter

and son( who was married and trying to become A MS)

and the two youngest went to the meeting. After about an

hour sitting there with my EX, my oldest daughter came home

early. She ask me dad what are you doing here, she call

my son and he was there in 5min. This is what they told me,

dad you know you should not be here alone with Mom,

you are DF. Up until the moment the wife and I was planning

to remarry. I was so upset with my kids, my wife because

she set there like A little girl with her hand in the cookie jar.

At that time I was living in A one bedroom dump, driving A

Yogo, making payments on both residences. Now think

about this , married for 18yrs., nothing new I have not seen

or done with my EX, hell we had 4 kids togather. That,s

when I realize, no way will I go back to that madness.

Within A year she was married to A Brother.

• Stealth
    Stealth

Wife = Rat = Divorce

• sd-7
    sd-7

Well, I got turned in by my wife to the elders last year. It destroyed my trust in her forever. Our marriage was never the same. I tried my best to forgive, but in the back of my head, it was always...she sided with them, over the man she promised to love forever, without even giving me the benefit of the doubt. There's no coming back from a place like that, only for brief moments at best.

Titanic, meet iceberg.

--sd-7

• charlie brown jr.
    charlie brown jr.

I was turned in by my ex wife........ after see was caught having an affair.............

The Elders came to correct me...... I told that very day... I have made my decision to leave this horrible Cult!!!

My children were 12 and 10 at the time and have not seen them since after many attempts to contact them....now they are adults and everyday I don't hear from them it only adds to the fire of hatred in my heart for JW's and what they stand for...

I have a REAL Wife and REAL son today with no fear of Betrayal and sorry to say those who stay in because of family get no Sympathy from me either.................

leave and get out or stay and suffer it is YOUR choice of PAIN or FREEDOM.......I'll take freedom any day than living a life of misery just because of Family!

• WontLeave
    WontLeave

JWs are in a perpetual state of suspended adolescence. They can't bear to be around anyone who doesn't agree with everything they believe. Especially on subjects that are easily shown to be JW fabrications, they refuse to allow a single person to be around who will be a reminder of their miserable failure to defend their ill-conceived faith. Their fragile egos require them to eliminate any and all uncomfortable reminders that they were too lazy to read their Bible and were in a lying church, then were too lazy to read their Bible and are in a lying cult; too apathetic to determine what the truth really is and just went along with whomever showed them the most attention and love-bombing; too ignorant to notice flagrant mishandling of science, logic, or history; too scared to do any research; too stupid to realize they're being used as a source of income and free recruitment tools.

Imagine someone standing in a fire. They feel the pain of their flesh beginning to burn. Imagine that same person, rather than exiting the fire or attempting to extinguish it, this person asks a doctor to administer enough morphine to eliminate the discomfort. That's your average JW response to "apostate" thinking. They know you're a pain, but they're too lazy to address the reason. They just want the pain to go away, so they have the elders get rid of it.

Most people in these forums give the laity a pass while attacking the clergy of JWs. I don't, because the GB and elders have zero power the ecclesia don't grant them. If you don't take control of your brain, someone else will.

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

I ratted out my Dad for Drunk Driving and don't regreat it! He drove drunk with my and my brother in the car. He got a DUI and I turned him in

• charlie brown jr.
    charlie brown jr.

Found Sheep......

That was justified putting you and sibling's life in risk....

I think it's meant turning one over JW belifes not Life or Death........(except for blood)

• jam
    jam

C. Brown Jr. I hear you man, I too have lost two Grandkids,

but I have gain four grandkids from my Real wife also. They may

not be my grandkids biologically , but as for as they are concern

Iam PAPA.

• charlie brown jr.
    charlie brown jr.

Jam my son isn't mine either.........

but he knows and I know I'm his Dad!

Nice to know others out there can see it doesn't need to be about blood....

which is funny that JW's seem to be so into and AGAINST!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit