Online Grocery shopping...does anyone do this?

by Joliette 23 Replies latest jw friends

• Joliette
    Joliette

The peapod logo keeps coming up on my screen. I clicked on it out of curiousity, and I was wondering if anyone has actually order online groceries?

• NomadSoul
    NomadSoul

No, and I doubt many people do since most of those companies are now out of business.

I think it will be a while before that catches on. Fuel must get very cheap before that happens.

• headisspinning
    headisspinning

Yes, I've done it before. Not through Peapod but through Grocery Gateway. It was fantastic and I wish they had that service where I live now. Totally worth it!

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I used grocerygateway.com years ago but stopped. They ran out of some steaks I ordered and they substituted a cut I don't particularly care for. I can understand that happening occasionally, but these substitutions were becoming too frequent.

W

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

Yes, I use Peapod about 2x a month to do a big stock up on groceries. I absolutely LOVE it. It has been a lifesaver since I work full time, have two teens to taxi around, a house to clean, and going to school for my lay minister's certificate. I order at least $100 each time so the fee is only $6.95 for delivery. You don't have to tip the driver but I usually give another $5.

This month there is a special. If you spend $100 2x, you get 2 free deliveries. Also they take all coupons, and you can pay by automatic check. If you are very busy, it is a great service. I always HATED grocery shopping.

• Joliette
    Joliette

Oh wow great replies. I was thinking about doing this since I dont have a car right now. There is a grocery store up the street from my house but very limited selection, not a lot of name brands.

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

J,

Peapod has a large selection but they do not carry everything you would find in a stop and shop store. That is because they ship from a warehouse and need to put a limit on some of the items due to freshness controls. I like buying fish and fruits/vegs, and meats from peapod rather then the store because it is really, fresh. They pick the best quality for you because there inventory is slightly lower.

• Joliette
    Joliette

Thank you, Lovelylil.

• NomadSoul
    NomadSoul

Hmmm... I stand corrected on not finding many people, sometimes I forget we're on the internet. lol

• Joliette
    Joliette

^ LOL.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit