Checking in

by Libelle 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Libelle
    Libelle

Just popped in to say: I left my husband. We're still workign out the details (as I only did it this past weekend). I couldn't take it anymore. No more all our problems are because I won't listen to the truth, no more attempts to scare me into it by showing how everythign in the world is going wrong as a sign of the end of this system of things. Don't know what will happen to my stepchildren, but at least my daughter will have a safe place to grow up in, even if it's just half the time.

And know what? I'm really looking forward to having a new home established (living with my mom at present). And decorating for holidays... maybe even keeping my own paganish books and other thigns around in my own house without keeping them hidden from sight. I feel liberated in lots of ways. IN many ways, I feel I've already grieved the loss of him.

-Libelle.

• sabastious
    sabastious
    no more attempts to scare me into it by showing how everythign in the world is going wrong as a sign of the end of this system of things.

It's tough on the spirits to dwell on every tragedy one can find... to prove a point of course, but at what cost?

-Sab

• sabastious
    sabastious
    I feel liberated in lots of ways.

• Libelle
    Libelle

Thanks Sab! :) And yes, allt hat negativity, and then he asks me (regularly) why my beliefs are not strong enough to give me peace? Because he's actively destorying in my house, TYVM!

• Libelle
    Libelle

Gotta go for now, I'm at the library.. Just noticed sister stick-her-nose-in-other's-business walked in. I'm walking out.

• sabastious
    sabastious
    he asks me (regularly) why my beliefs are not strong enough to give me peace?

Sounds like you have it now, or at least are on your way.

-Sab

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV

Hi Libelle! I missed ya.

So, it just didn't work out, huh? I suppose there really is only so much insanity a person can bear. It's unfortunate that he didn't have the good sense to accept things between you two for what they are and just shut up about it. Really, JWs don't believe in "live and let live", do they? Even though you're moving on and ridding yourself of a situation that has caused so much stress and negativity, the separation is going to be painful nonetheless. Knowing your story and a few others about dating (and marrying) inactive JWs, it definitely makes me think twice about pursuing a relationship with one myself.

I guess the lesson for us all is: if you want to date an inactive or DF'd JW, it's important to find out if they're determined NEVER to go back. If the inactive or DF'd JW in question waffles on whether there's an outside chance of them "returning to the vomit", it's best to drop them like a hot rock! I myself am NEVER going back.

Again, I'm so sorry this didn't work out. Hang in there and thanks for letting us know what's going on.

V665V665

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Congratulations on your freedom. Please, do all you can to get custody of your child. If you need a copy of the Borg's "Child Custody Packet" let us know. A bunch of people have it and can send it to you for your attorney to prepare with.

• wifeofjw
    wifeofjw

Hi Libelle-

Sometimes the road to freedom is tough. You can do it!

I did not read your entire story, but I can understand why you are leaving. I just told my husband last week I want a divorce. I cannot take the "attempts to scare me into it by showing how everything in the world is going wrong as a sign of the end of this system of things" either.

So happy decorating! I'm looking forward to it also

wifeofjw - Not for long!

• NomadSoul
    NomadSoul

So does this mean you're free this Friday?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit