Steve Hassan Professional Fees

by troubledfiancee 9 Replies latest jw friends

• troubledfiancee
    troubledfiancee

Steve Hassan is still practicing his Exit Counseling/ Strategic Interaction Approach, Intervention Style. Still 3-5 days with family and friends after days/ weeks of prework. He does plenty of work w/ JW's, although Combatting Cult Mind Control doesn't mention them directly, Releasing the Bonds does mention JW's by name. His website is www.freedomofmind.com. I'm not endorsing him or recomending him; I considered him for my situation, but after discussion with friends/family and members from this board, I don't believe he's right for my situation. So anyways, here is his current fee schedule for anyone interested in him, or learning what his fees look like:

Professional Fees: My consulting fee is $250 per hour. Longer or shorter sessions are pro-rated from this basic fee. This is also the fee for other professional services which you may desire such as: report writing, contact with other service providers, attendance at meetings or consultations, preparation of records or summaries, reading background materials, reading and writing responses to emails (other than very short ones) and telephone conversations, including those with third parties you authorize me to speak to.

You will be billed directly for all professional services and you will be responsible for paying for all services.

I do not wish to be an expert witness. If you become involved in litigation that requires my participation, you will be billed for the time I spend in preparation of and/or attendance at the court, even if I am compelled to testify by another party.

Fees for Sessions at My Office or On the Phone:

• Meetings (other than interventions) that take place in my office on weekdays are $250 per hour.
    • Meetings (other than interventions) that take place in my office on a Saturday or Sunday are charged at a full day rate of $2500 per day.
    • Meetings (other than interventions) that take place in my office on a holiday or holiday weekend are charged at a holiday rate of $2750 per day. Please check which holidays and holiday weekends these rates apply to.

Fees for Sessions at Other Locations:

• Sessions at locations other than our offices are always charged at a full day rate.
    • The fee for sessions on weekdays at locations other than my office is $2500 per day.
    • The fee for these sessions on a Saturday or Sunday at locations other than my office is $2750 per day.
    • The fee for these sessions on a holiday or holiday weekend at locations other than my office is $3000 per day. Please check which holidays and holiday weekends these rates apply to.

Fees For Interventions Wherever They Take Place:

• Interventions, when desired, are always charged at a full day rate.
    • The fee for an intervention on weekdays is $2500 per day.
    • The fee for an intervention on a Saturday or Sunday is $2750 per day.
    • The fee for an intervention on a holiday or holiday weekend is $3000 per day. Please check with us which holidays and holiday weekends these rates apply to.

Travel:

Travel can take a great deal of my productive time so I am forced to bill for time spent traveling, but I discount it to a rate of $100 per hour on weekdays, maximum of $1000 per 24 hour period. Time spent traveling on Saturday or Sunday is billed at $200 per hour, maximum of $2000 per 24 hour period. Time spent traveling on a holiday or holiday weekend is $250 per hour, maximum of $2500 per 24 hour period.

It is my practice to bill for ground transportation, business class air transportation, meals and moderate accommodations. All travel arrangements are made by our office. Non-stop flights are used wherever they are available to minimize per hour travel fees. I am generally available to take flights leaving Boston at 9am or later, and arriving back in Boston before 9pm.

Payments:
    You will be expected to pay for each session at the time of the session. You may pay by check or credit card to Freedom of Mind Resource Center Inc. A non-refundable deposit covering the first day of meetings is required to reserve the time on our calendar. For deposits, full-day meetings and interventions, we accept payment by check only.

If your account is more than 60 days overdue, and an arrangement for payment has not been made, I have the option of utilizing a collection agency or court to collect payment. If this action becomes necessary, the cost of bringing the proceeding will be included in the claim.

Cancellation: If you are unable to keep a scheduled appointment, you are responsible for calling the office 24 hours prior to your scheduled appointment. If you do not provide sufficient notice, you will be responsible for payment of the missed appointment.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

I read your other thread over the weekend and 'jaw-dropped' when I saw the $20k figure.

Interesting to see the schedule presented as above. Thank you.

Good luck with your project. Better to work it out now than wait until you have kids.

Actually - it may very well be the thought of having kids that is sending your fiance back to the org. It happens often.

-Aude.

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF

Looks like attorney fees, doesn't it? That's what you'd expect from a expert in his/her field I imagine. I've never read any of his books, but I have seen him on the news plenty after Waco, some wacko and other cult type of incidences that get national or international attention.

I guess the question becomes - How much would you pay to get your loved ones out of a cult [any cult]? That probably depends on how much knowledge you have over the cults destructive nature, how many years have been lost, how many years can be saved? I think that would be what I would be asking myself before hiring an exit counselor.

No question though that Hassan's the tops in his field.

dc

• james_woods
    james_woods

I still say that this is a ridiculously high price for something which has absolutely no guarantee of working.

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

I need to change my profession

• troubledfiancee
    troubledfiancee
    I need to change my profession

Yeah, I know right? Go grab a Master's Degree in Psychology, get registered w/ your state and you’re in business!

As I said in my post I'm not recommending him, but I’m also not trying to discourage anyone from using him either. By most accounts he is the best in his field, and It’s a pretty narrow field from my research, as well.

As TTWSYF said, how much would you pay? In my situation, I just don’t believe it to be the correct course of action. For many others, it may very well be, and he certainly has the credentials and celebrity status in this field.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Who's got the moolar to pay for all that? You could easily get a bill from him for $20k +

I love how professionals seem to think you have ready cash like they do (sarcasm intended).

• Satanus
    Satanus

Ouch.

S

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I would love to have Steve Hassan do an intervention with my wife. The money is not the problem, but it's a factor. After spending all that money, and arranging travel of some sort and making my wife a captive audience (like a passenger on a plane next to Steve), she probably would just put her fingers in her ears or tell the flight attendant that "that man" is bothering her.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

It is just like everything else in a capitalist society (not that I'm recommending the alternative). The rich are able to get the help they need and the poor continue to be screwed.

If it was for my kid, though, I'd find the money.

One question I have, though, is with those kinds of fees, how the hell does he get a .org website? Aren't dot orgs for non-profits?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit