Hello, my name is:

by fortis et liber 26 Replies latest jw friends

• fortis et liber
    fortis et liber

Hello All ,

I have lurked here literally for years and, finally, I got up the nerve to say hello 'officially' so, hello!

I left the Borg in '97, I'm the youngest in my family of all Dubs. I was pretty much born-in as I believe I was around 2yrs old when my parents began their transition from independent thinkers to Borgs. My parents were always hard-core Dubs and I tried my very best for years and years to live up to their expectation of the perfect little Dub but, try as I might, I failed... When I finally got up the courage to leave each member of my family spoke with me, one on one, to tell me of the horrendous mistake I was making, how the world would just 'chew me up and spit me out', how selfish I was being and, just how much pain and heartache I was causing the family and oh yeah, lastly how, if I did in fact leave I would be 'dead' to them -- as if I never existed, gone, banished from their life, their hearts, minds and memories. My grandparents (non-Dubs) told me that not long after I left all evidence of my existence (pictures, etc) were deciedly removed from sight and, no mention of me made. It's like.... I never existed at all.

I don't, not for one second, regret my decision to leave and maybe I should state here the reason I left was due to the fact that I never 'believed' the Dubs had "the truth." So, like I said, leaving was one of the the smartest moves I've ever made (I only wish I had the emotional strength to leave sooner) but the pain, the trauma of growing up a Dub, the torture of being forced to live a lie only to keep contact with my family, the harrasement I underwent as I tried to leave the horrible, horrible things that were said to me from 'friends' as I was leaving -- all of this has left some pretty deep scars.

Over the years I have found comfort here on the boards and well, I just wanted to say 'thank you' for that.

'

• snowbird
    snowbird

Welcome, Strong and Free!

You will find acceptance and friends here.

Syl

• wobble
    wobble

Welcome Fortis et Liber !

Many on here will be familiar with your anguish, as they have experienced similar treatment, it is hard, no denying it, but you may find they mellow eventally.

My family were not that hard -line in the first place, I left in 2008, but they have mellowed from their initial stance.

Whatever, you are free ! and you have new family on here ! We even have a granny, Grace, screename Mouthy.

• james_woods
    james_woods

Welcome to the board -

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

Welcome, from a fellow born-in!

• sabastious
    sabastious
    I don't, not for one second, regret my decision to leave and maybe I should state here the reason I left was due to the fact that I never 'believed' the Dubs had "the truth."

I see, so you didn't leave you just had no reason to stay.

Welcome to the board!

-Sab

• fortis et liber
    fortis et liber

Thank you for the warm welcome !!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

http://cdandvinyl.co.uk/images/ebaypics/56524.JPG

..................... ...OUTLAW

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

My grandparents (non-Dubs) told me that not long after I left all evidence of my existence (pictures, etc) were deciedly removed from sight and, no mention of me made. It's like.... I never existed at all.

How freaking stupid can people really be!!!

They will grow to regret it.

• Mr. Falcon
    Mr. Falcon

Hello and much respect. I was just thinking about situations similar to yours on the way into work this morning. JWs tend to villify those who have chosen not to shovel dung anymore and take control of their lives, even labeling them as "apostates" or other venomous titles. Or they talk about you with heavy hearts about how "foolish" or "stupid" you are for doing what you're doing. Some JWs even liken these ones to the "evil slave".

And sadly, I was one of them. But now that I'm waking up, and after reading your introduction, I have come to realize just how brave and respect-worthy you and others like you are. Many of you have been through much and lost much to get where you're at. Friends, parents, children..... gone. There is no possible way that the decision that some of you have made or been forced to make has been easy, but I'll say this much. Any of you DF'd, DA'd, "apostates" or whatever your status is can drink from my canteen anyday.

Welcome!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit