Water Canopy? Huh?

by Mr. Falcon 116 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

Since the literal, or what is called "vulgar" (for the "profane"), interpretations of the creation and flood myths are so ridiculous, here's a link for anyone interested in the esoteric meaning of the six days of creation and the story of Noah.... they were copied nearly verbatim from much older "pagan" stories. One of the most interesting and revealing of these is the Vedas from India.....

P AGAN R OOTS : The Bible and the Vedas

http://www.blavatsky.net/magazine/theosophy/ww/additional/christianity/TheBibleAndTheVedas.html

• Mr. Falcon
    Mr. Falcon

You could have started a thread of your own, than to bring what really is a rant to someone else's thread, but you elected to hijack @Mr. Falcon's thread. Ok.

Overruled. Kurtbethel is allowed to say whatever he wants, just as you are free to post your disrespectful and arrogant point of view. And I'd appreciate it if you don't speak for me again.

In all seriousness, what is your deal, DJeggnogg? Are you a baptized JW?

• bohm
    bohm

In all seriousness, what is your deal, DJeggnogg? Are you a baptized JW?

magic 8-ball says professor djeggnogg will not be able to give an exact answer to that one...

• Mr. Falcon
    Mr. Falcon

bohm, that seems to be the rumor on this cat. I've only been on this board for alittle while, but from what I hear this guy may actually not even be an official JW. He may in fact be one of those mythical, fabled "JW apologists". I didn't think they existed until my first run in with DJeggnogg. It's actually quite fascinating. Ah well, the world needs PSD's* too.

* Professional Sh*t Disturbers (e.g. Shirley Phelps)

• bohm
    bohm

Mr. Falcon, PM.

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

the very existence of the rainbow as a sign is consistent with there having been a global deluge and gives credence to it having occurred

Oh, this is just about brilliant. So does that mean that the rainbow colors reflected on my wall through a clear crystal is proof that there was a global flood? Seriously? Wow and here I thought it was because light is made up of many colors and when it's refracted through the crystal the light bends and because the colors bend at different angles, it produces the colorful effects that bounce off my wall. Silly me...I thought rainbows worked the same way and that raindrops act as prisms when you're looking away from the sun.

You know, it's rather interesting to me that people like djeggnog will jump through incredible hoops of wild speculation and flights of fancy to try and prove the flood but someone saying 'it never happened' is accused of being gullible.

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

Hmmm.....for all the "new light" allegedly shining into the minds of the FDS,

The OP (@Mr. Falcon) ostensibly asks folks to opine whether there is scientific evidence to support what "the WTBS claims" as to there having existed before the flood a "rain-less" world that had been "enclosed in a 'water canopy,'" believing that such would not have been likely due to his belief that a water canopy would "go against the whole water-cycle" thing. When someone phrases a question that way the OP did in this thread, it was clear to me that he was anti-Bible and that he was seeking the comments of others that were anti-Bible, too, and he embraced all of their anti-Bible comments while treating my comment with disdain, which I suspect is because I happen to support what Jehovah's Witnesses have taught for decades now. Because you decided to post an "anti-FDS" comment in this thread pertaining to "all the 'new light' allegedly shining into the minds of the FDS," it seems clear to me that the OP would embrace your comment as well, even though you mention nothing about the water canopy. You refer instead to "phrenology, pyramidology and medical quackery:

They have still not gotten far removed from phrenology, pyramidology and medical quackery. This pseudoscience serves an important purpose. It sifts out people who are not gullible, because when they hear this nonsense they turn and distance themselves from it. That leave a core of people who will easily swallow any rubbish they cook up and serve as a "nourishing spiritual banquet".

For all of the talk of "new light," the discussion about the water canopy isn't new at all and Jehovah's Witnesses teach to the effect that a water canopy once existed above the earth because the Bible describes such. Your mention of "phrenology, pyramidology and medical quakery" indicates a strong anti-Jehovah's Witnesses bias since not one of these things were raised by the OP or by anyone else that posted their respective opinions to this thread. You could have started a thread of your own, than to bring what really is a rant to someone else's thread , but you elected to hijack @Mr. Falcon's thread. Ok.

I am one of the few people that posted to this thread for the purpose of clarifying what Jehovah's Witnesses believe and teach about this water canopy, not so much for the benefit of the OP, but for the benefit of the lurkers that peruse these threads on JWN, and really do not know themselves what Jehovah's Witnesses believe in this regard or the scriptural basis for what we teach others as to the water canopy. I believe I have satisfactorily done this, but I really wish you would have started your own thread for your comment seems to me to be completely out of place.

@djeggnog

I do not know exactly what you are talking about. I do not consider myself anti-Bible. I have several translations and study them with great interest. I do not have a "strong anti-Jehovah's Witnesses bias". If I did, I would not have spent so much time studying with them. I still talk to them and have great concern for them as people. As to being "anti-FDS", it is not my concern that some men appoint themselves as God's spokesmen. There are a lot of people who do that and I do not concern myself with it much. The "anti" that I would claim for myself is anti-fraud. Men who claim they are God's spokesmen and then proceed to claim that there was a canopy of water over the earth, despite the lack of scriptural or scientific evidence to support that claim, are committing fraud and I am very much against that. I mentioned their other pseudoscientific claims to show that it is a pattern for these men to make fraudulent statements, and not just a random error.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit