Interesting article from an ex JW

by sspo 8 Replies latest jw friends

• sspo
  • baltar447
    baltar447

Good article.

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

Powerful article. Thanks for posting that. I wish there were comments available underneath the article. I love reading JW apologists trying to defend the indefensible.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

FOURTEEN. Not old enough to talk to boys on the phone, but already old enough to "make the most important decision of one's life" -- baptism.

• CoonDawg
    CoonDawg

Bravo! I loved the writing style too. I made some of these very points when trying to argue w/ my ex against my daughter getting baptized at a young age. Same line of reasoning.

• ziddina
    ziddina

EXCELLENT article!! I hope that this is the beginning of a trend; that she continues to speak out instead of "holding her tongue"...!!

Zid

• Dagney
    Dagney

Really, really good. Going to remember this comparison.

• TotallyADD
    TotallyADD

Excellent article. I love the point a teenage JW can't date or be friends with someone of the opposite sex because they are not mature enough. But when it comes to life and death decisions concerning a blood transfusion all of a sudden they are mature enough to make the decisions for themselves. A cult is a cult because it is a cult. Don't you just love that circular reasoning? The Borg truly hates the children. As a born-in I know. Totally ADD

• ziddina
    ziddina
    The Borg truly hates the children. As a born-in I know.

Hah!!

Totally ADD, the Borg hates EVERYONE!! Except for the Governing Body, of course...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit