You are only Disfellowshipped when they don't want something . . .

by JRK 3 Replies latest jw friends

• JRK
    JRK

I had a few interesting experiences this past year that I haven't shared on the board.

Experience #1: In the fervor leading up to our worst snowstorm of the year, an elder asked my mother to ask me (yes, he was too pussy to ask me himself) if "THE BROTHERS" could use my generator and other equipment if someone in the congregation needed it. I was put off by this for several reasons. One, what if one of my "current" friends were without power? I would much rather loan them my generator if they needed it. And two, would they return it, or take care of it. While a JW, I had the loving brothers borrow stuff and I never got it back. Or they ruined it through lack of care and maintenance. Instead of saying yes to them, I told her to tell them to call me if they needed it.

Experience # 2: My sister wanted my 86 year old mother to go see them. This is the sister that has not spoken to me for over 7 years. I bought my mother a ticket to visit them, since it may be the last chance she has to see them. My sister repeatedly asked my mother to ask me to email them the itenerary. I did, but not in a personal email. I had it forwarded from Priceline.

I tell you that you are only an evil disfellowshipped person when they don't want something out of you.

JK

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Your experience #1 shows what jackasses they are. "We will shun you, but can we borrow some important item from you?"

Experience #2 is your sister being a captive cult member jackass. No offense to any of us who were there at one time. At least we woke up.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Bumping for the daytime western hemisphere JWN crowd.

• VanillaMocha73
    VanillaMocha73

For experience 1) "Wouldn't you be afraid some demon from my house would come with it?"

Experience 2) That is a hard one - YOU are still supportive and loving of family, but she isn't. Mail the itinerary enveloped in some nice Bible tract about Jehovah's Witnesses?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit