out but not out

by focariedu21 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Hopscotch
    Hopscotch

Hi and welcome focariedu21. Glad you and your family have woken up. I'm sorry to hear about your mum and dad. My husband and I have been out for about 5 years now (he was an elder for a while). We were in the north Brisbane area for the 40 years that we were JWs and I grew up with many Italians in our cong (in the days before they had a separate cong).

The limbo after first waking up is the hard bit especially with family. My family (dad who is an elder, brother and sister and their families - my mum died 6 years ago) started shunning us just over 2 years ago even though we are not df'd or da'd. My husbands brother has been in bethel for over 30 years the last 14 in Brooklyn bethel.

It was my husband and I who were left to care for his elderly JW mother by ourselves (she has parkinsons and schizophrenia). We ended up having her live with us for three and a half years which was very diffictult on our family. She ended up in an aged care home last year. My husbands brother and his wife were always too busy with their 'very important' (their words) bethel assignment and touring around giving talks to be bothered taking care of his mother. So most of it fell on my shoulders.

Things get better and more settled as time goes on after leaving JWs. We are slowly making new friends and have got in touch with non jw relatives who we barely knew. My son is very glad we left and is at uni and making a good life for himself away from the WT.

Looking forward to hearing more of your stories and hearing more about your film.

Wishing you and your family all the best

Hopscotch

• focariedu21
    focariedu21

Hi Hopscotch, tremendously sorry about your dire situation as I can relate to the pain and suffering but yet happy/satisfied/glad disposition your at at present as you fulfilled your duty to look after them.. and happy to hear about your family happy status at the moment and your sons as he progressfuly finds more happines in this new beautiful world. My daughter is getting married soon and most of my family wont be coming..their own choice but we're all happy as she's a wonderful person and very beautiful so much so everyone has asked for her to appear in films and magazines together with my son who also has good looks but their jw's upbringing has somewhat lowered their self esteem and are very skeptical about the whole thing. My son has appeared in a few films with keanu reaves the matrix long time ago as he loved the movies but again because of the org wasn't able to pursue it. Myself am busy writing a few scripts for a film company and hopefully it will hit the big screen soon with me having a part in it. Just can't believe what we all missed out on

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Welcome to the board!

(from NSW)

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Welcome to the forum from across the ditch

Chris

• focariedu21
    focariedu21

one of the annointed that left the Org claims that he always had the calling from God...so no matter where you are or in which Org your in if God sees that in you he shall call you ..that was his point

• Reopened Mind
    Reopened Mind

So sorry forcariedu21 for what you have had to go through with your JW family. WT is constantly demanding our loyalty even to the point of interfering with the care of family. Years ago the Watchtower harped on how there was no natural affection in the world any more. Yet they themselves have completely removed natural affection from the equation when it takes away from serving them. They stick their noses in family in all aspects of you life if you let them. You have commedably kept them at bay when it comes to the loving issue of caring for your aged parents. Your conscience is clear. A hearty pat on the back for doing the right and loving thing regardless of what your other JW family chose.

My husband and I are on the other side of the world from you in the US. Still we have a very similar scenario playing out here as a result of WT policy and abuse.

Hugs to you. There is a light at the end of the proverbial tunnel.

Reopened Mind

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

I know this is old but Forcariedu21 What is the update? Any film? Hows life?

WelcomeFS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit