The first Jehovah's Witness I ever met is now my wife.

by wyorobert 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• wyorobert
    wyorobert

Rocky,

Good luck. I know how hard it is going to be on you. Early on, I didn't think my wife would stay, and the one thing that drove me crazy was thinking about the idea that they wouldn't ever let her talk to me again and she would eventually see me as the bad guy and not the one who rescued her. I don't envy what you will face eventually.

I am a Secular Humanist, but try to respect evryone's beliefs who are willing to give me the same courtesy. I am curious to know your religious background, but understand if you don't want to share that information.

• Rocky528
    Rocky528

Wyorobert...I'll send you a PM in a while. Are you familiar?

• wyorobert
    wyorobert

Rocky, that would be fine. I've haven't done the PM thing before, but I'll give it my best shot.

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

Love, loyalty and family values, wyorobert.

• wyorobert
    wyorobert

Nickolas,

I agree, but in every situation doing what is right is different. I am happy for you that your are confident that those things come from staying the course. In my case, with the benefit of hindsight, it was definitely the right decision to completely alter my course and start new again. I wish I hadn't wasted 18 years thinking that staying in my marriage was for Love, loyalty and family values.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit