Anti Apostate Blogspot!

by Amelia Ashton 11 Replies latest jw friends

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter
    Also my IP address was reported to the server I access my internet through as being abusive which I definitely was not and consequently I have received a verbal warning from the server ... They were also running my computer even when I was not using it somehow.

Whatever was going on in the background (when you weren't using the computer) is likely what got reported. They could have been using it for sending spam email, file sharing, any sort of activity they would want traced to somebody else. As HintOfLime said, it's likely that site wasn't the real culprit... their system could have been infected and controlled by somebody else, and passing it along to visitors.

Only if you can prove that their site is the one that infected your system (proving that is not easy!), report them to their ISP.

• HintOfLime
    HintOfLime
    Extremely low but not impossible, right? What's weird about this was that it was specifically targeted at anything X-JW (apostate) related.

If Amelia could produce the modified hosts file, that would tell us a lot about what had been blocked and/or redirected - and potentially why and by whom. Unfortunately, that was probably fixed by the neighbor without the changes being captured.

- Lime

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit