Part 6 a/b: Last Pub Talk - Memorial Saga

by Amazing 25 Replies latest jw experiences

• Amazing
    Amazing

Hi Teejay: Thanks for the review and good comments. That KM thing is also bugging me. I made notes of the meeting and how we debated the word "suggested". I have asked several ex-JWs to try and find the KM. So far, the CD-ROM has revealed that the word "suggestion" was confined to how the invitations are to be handled.

So, either my memory is off about the KM, or the KM I have in mind reads differently than the CD-ROM version. I doubt the Society bothered to make such a small change there, but one never knows. Another possibility is that we also debated the Memorial Outline. It is published each year with slightly different notes, and includes instructions. If I can produce nothing, then I am going to have to edit my account. This is rather frustrating.

I still have my last Memorial File. So as soon as the snow melts some, or I get the nerve to dig out the path to the storage shed, then I can look it up and see where my brain went wrong.

Thanks again.

• Focus
    Focus

Amazing, I too have enjoyed your quasi-autobiographical series. Thank you for sharing. It is very helpful to lurkers too...

Amazing wrote:

So far, the CD-ROM has revealed that the word "suggestion" was confined to how the invitations are to be handled.
    So, either my memory is off about the KM, or the KM I have in mind reads differently than the CD-ROM version
    As you are without doubt aware, the Writing Staff are experts at writing material which only appears to explicitly say something. How one interprets their side-of-the-mouthing may well be down to one's frame of mind at the time of reading, which is itself a function of (among other things) what else the WT was up to at the time. The Watchtower is a Master of the art of "We Never Quite Said..." and cunning wording. Do not trust your memory.

This is why while they have cruelly deceived millions with thousands of examples of weasel words, their analytic detractors, numbering among whom are AF and my humble self, have only found a few dozen (at most) direct, provable LIES (i.e. statements made when it can be reasonably established that the author knew they were false).

--
    Focus
    (No Watchtowers In My Laundromat! Class)

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

What a carry-on this was!

Now the lurking class can see what really happens in those back-room elders' meetings. I wonder how many of the R&F believe that those elders' meetings are replete with good and wise comments from truly spiritual men. If only they knew, eh? Amazing, your post lifts the veil!

Cheers,
    Ozzie

"It's better to light a candle than to curse the darkness."
    Anonymous

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

Amazing,

Have just been going back and reading these accounts. What memories they brought back! The debate with Elder A about passing the emblems and who would handle the arrangments brought back such memories!! My god, like Randy said, what a reminder of a god-awful system we were once a part of.

Great series. And what silly, silly, silly, silly, silliness that we took SO seriously. So many pathetic Elder A types out there!!!!!

Thank you,
    S4

• lv4fer
    lv4fer

Amazing if you don't go to the Memorial or meetings anymore, where do you attend and how do you celebrate the Memorial?

I am really enjoying your story!!

• bigfloppydog
    bigfloppydog

I am really enjoying this story, had no idea what some elders were like, but I can think of a few like Elder A. Teejay what a loving, caring and supportive family you have, to think that your daughter would not shun you if df good for her to stand her ground. That's what true love really is.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit